Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

This Monday

Pine Valley to Corral... leading a guy from TT (Florida) up and around some of these trails.

He's riding my DRZ, and I am riding my XR or the TW...

Anybody else available? I don't know this guy, so can't really define a pace, but as I will be on a slow bike, it will not be blistering by anybody's account...

Maybe leave Pine Valley trailhead at 9 or so... back in time to go buy a toy hauler ;)

I certainly have enough time on my hands for another li'l trail ride. Sounds like fun.

Mimi- I will stay out of your way ;)

Like I said; I have no indication of this guys skill or speed, so we'll just play it by ear... if he's too fast, I can stick a sock in the airbox while he's not looking

Let's plan on 9 at the trailhead, then...

Jon- you available at that time?

I may be able to make it. I really need to do some maint on the XR. I might be at Gunner's on Sat but I'm trying to do some OT for a little extra flash cash and may not make it on Sat. If it doesn't get done Sat it'll likely be on Monday.

If I can and since this is likely to be a slow moving day I'm going to see if I can get Julie to skip out on work and join us. Anybody got an extra little bike for her?

Jon

I may be able to make it. I really need to do some maint on the XR. I might be at Gunner's on Sat but I'm trying to do some OT for a little extra flash cash and may not make it on Sat. If it doesn't get done Sat it'll likely be on Monday.

If I can and since this is likely to be a slow moving day I'm going to see if I can get Julie to skip out on work and join us. Anybody got an extra little bike for her?

Jon

What do you mean by "little"?

Well here she was on an XR80. I'm sure she could handle more than that, but she is an extreme novice.

Hmmm, if I still had my CRF150 that would be perfect. The CR85 will darn near shred an open bike down a slick straight away wide open and doesn't have a prayer off the bottom. Next up from that is the KDX220, tuned to pull all the way, but with a rev pipe, almost like riding a full 250 two-stroke. Not for the uninitiated. at least on any trail other than a smooth fire road. Also not very user friendly for shorter people(like myself ;) ).

Right! A 150 would be perfect. My friend in NY had a CR80, it was very hard to ride. All top end with nothing on the bottom. Not for the beginner.

Thanks though,

Jon

Right! A 150 would be perfect. My friend in NY had a CR80, it was very hard to ride. All top end with nothing on the bottom. Not for the beginner.

Thanks though,

Jon

I have a ttr125 and an XR250... the 125 would be perfect... My 11 year old rides it, but it has enough poke to haul my butt around... it's a great little bike

Well here she is on an XR80. I'm sure she could handle more than that, but she is an extreme novice.

Vac07054.jpg

But Jon... get her some gear! I have some stuff that would fit her, if you want me to bring it...

As some of you may know, I am a riding outfit clotheshorse, so I have boots and clothes that I don't even use any more, that I would be happy to give up to a new rider. All the rider needs to be is about five and a half feet tall, weighing no more than about 115 to 120 pounds and wear a ladys size eight shoe. I even have a nice clean XS helmet. You supply the knee guards and gloves.

As some of you may know, I am a riding outfit clotheshorse, so I have boots and clothes that I don't even use any more, that I would be happy to give up to a new rider. All the rider needs to be is about five and a half feet tall, weighing no more than about 115 to 120 pounds and wear a ladys size eight shoe. I even have a nice clean XS helmet. You supply the knee guards and gloves.

I didn't look at her feet when I met her, but the other dimensions are about right...

Well here she is on an XR80. I'm sure she could handle more than that, but she is an extreme novice.

If you're going to make this a habit Jon, you may want to think about putting Julie into a qualified dirt bike school :) I know just the team, local guys here donchaknow, and offering the training at an extreme discount to our SDAR brothers & sisters. Guaranteed to make Julie a better rider and keep the two of you on speaking terms (at least :) ). We have a spot available for the 16FEB08 class, lemme know if you're interested :)

Dame,

That is about her size. Boots would be too big.

Slut,

A 125 you say. I'll have to try really hard to get her to skip work on Monday morning.

Orange,

I might be taking you up on that offer.

Jon

Dame,

That is about her size. Boots would be too big.

Jon

Thought her footsies looked a tad teeny in that photo.

OK- I'm checking out

the guy from florida does not arrive til 1215, and my wife has a dentist appt that afternoon, so he's not going.

Jon- you have my number; let me know if I should bring a bike for Julie (?)

Dame; I plan on seeing you there around 9 ish.

Ozzy- Are you off? Join us... I'll bring the trailer

OK- I'm checking out

the guy from florida does not arrive til 1215, and my wife has a dentist appt that afternoon, so he's not going.

Jon- you have my number; let me know if I should bring a bike for Julie (?)

Dame; I plan on seeing you there around 9 ish.

Ozzy- Are you off? Join us... I'll bring the trailer

Okeefenokee, it a plan. I reckon on some muddy fun, prolly with the KTM this time. :)

I'm a no go on this one. Julie can't get out of work tomorrow and I'd prefer to ride the desert again after all the rain.

Looking for Tuesday or Wed riders now..

Have fun,

Jon

Right then. Ozzy....you going with us? I'll be sure to do my worst impression of David Knight on my KTM :) . And there will probably a bit of a truly wet creek crossing as well. ;)