Every bike has it's gremlins. The DR650 has the potential for the Neutral Sending Unit screws backing out, my WR suffers from me riding it......

Triumph decided to put the main 30A fuse under the battery, about 1/4 inch from the bottom of the box, which, even though it has a drain, gets moisture and debris in it. If it's a problem on the road or trail, checking it in those conditions is not ideal. I found the "remote" mod on a UK Tiger forum and got it done. Only a few documented issues, but why not do it in a controlled environment.

Photo credit: Cunestu - Northern Ireland

The 30A fuse is under those pink wires and a little toward the bottom of the pic.

DSC007701_zpswmamln0d.jpg

The solenoid and fuse bundle pull straight up off of tabs molded into the bottom of the battery box. Remove the solenoid to get the fuse up far enough to work with.

DSC007711_zpskdlehis0.jpg

Drill 2 holes in the fuse/battery connection splash guard.

DSC007741_zpsgbvfd4qi.jpg

Run "extension" wires through the splash guard, solder on new spades, heat shrink/connectors/your choice.

DSC007781_zps2slblaib.jpg

My pics:

Even though my new spades were tight, I figured I'd add some security using small zip ties. They fit under the splash guard, which clips securely to the housing.

DSCN2173_zpsc8e0s03b.jpg

DSCN2175_zpsetpvbzkg.jpg

Butt splice and heat shrink a new, weatherproof fuse holder on and store it. Easy access to the main 30A if needed.

DSCN2176_zpsvff0me98.jpg

DSCN2177_zpsbbfykcch.jpg

Seems crazy with all this technology manufactures are still hiding fuses and fusible links.

Seems crazy with all this technology manufactures are still hiding fuses and fusible links.

Yeah, agreed. When I first read the posts about it, I had to take my battery out and look. Bagster - proper crimper and "pull test" accomplished prior to heat shrink. :)