Sign in to follow this  
ADV Bum

tire change?

post-174-1201116297_thumb.jpg How warn is this tire? Could I get more desert out of it? Just curious as I am working on it.

No bare threads and it holds air right? Might go a few more miles - BTW, If you call that a good tire then I have a couple of MT-21s that you might want. Just mounted up a Pirelli Scorpion.

RIDE IT!!!

I decided I'm too lazy to do a tire swap and will be riding my BALD fitty/fitties tomorrow.

See you there buddy, I think I'm going rain or shine. Thunderstorms may be possible, Hmm, I'll sit in the truck at the trailhead and wait.

Jon

No bare threads and it holds air right? Might go a few more miles - BTW, If you call that a good tire then I have a couple of MT-21s that you might want. Just mounted up a Pirelli Scorpion.

No I do not call them good. If you have good mt21, that was going to be the tire I tried next. Scorpion. Isnt that a street tire? Have you give up the off road?

RIDE IT!!!

I decided I'm too lazy to do a tire swap and will be riding my BALD fitty/fitties tomorrow.

ONE MORE TIME! I guess we will both be on baldi's. I figure I can swerve a lot since I do have traction on the sides.

I would ride that tire on hard pack, but not the sand... I predict you will be leaving quite a wake...

You've got a lot more tread to burn before hitting the wear bar, but the loss of traction is something you have to decide on really. Also, how hard is the rubber getting? Does it still stick in the twistes?

Me, I'd have another one ready...

I do have another ready. I had to take it off another rim set up. That tire needs new bearings. Easier(for me) to change the tires than the bearing. I took the tire off, but after reading HP is a lazy ass, I figured I could be too.

Sorry Bum my MT-21s look bald like that. This is my first D/S bike and it came with MT-21s so that is what I have always run. They wear quick but I like them. Anyway I have nothing to compare them to. Just mounted a Scorpion Pro (Pirelli calls everything a Scorpion - see link). Been working too much to even put the KTM back together. I have escaped on my VFR for street rides and limited dirt (even took it all the way to the Squeeze on Pinion Mtn from S-2) I found out that VFRs are not good dirt bikes.

Scorpion Link http://www.ronayers.com/catalogs/tires/par...=3&type=106