carguy

Dirt Bike School

We are having a MSF Dirt Bike School in February. The class will be in Ramona and last 5-7 hours. We are offering SDAR active members a full 30% off our regular price for this class. Still seats available.

We wanted to give a discount for our club on safety training. :unsure:

More info on the MSF Dirt Bike School can be found HERE.

PM, e-mail, call or check our web site below.

Our first class will be held tomorrow at the Ocotillo Trading Post - Interstate 8 to the Ocotillo exit, turn left to Evan Hewes (just under the freeway), turn left again and we'll be on the right. We have room for 3 more students and the cost of the maiden class is $75 for SDAR members (which basically covers our cost to put on the class). This class will not be offered at this rate again, so if you're interested feel free to call and let John or I know you're coming.

Class will start at 0800 sharp, and we should be done around 1400 (or 2:00pm, whichever comes first :P )

We will go for a trail ride afterward. Nothing technical, just a chance for our students to practice their new found skills.

Congratulations guys! I hope this works out well! Make sure you stress the importance of "know your limitations"... There is no shame in asking for help... there IS shame in asking for a helicopter :P

Thanks to RO and Carguy, Rachel really had a blast in class. You guys were very patient and it was mucho appreciated :D . She struggled a little at first with the two stroker in the slow, tight technical stuff but she figured it out and hung in there. :)

It was hard to step back and not try to coach her but I did and she was very perceptive to what you guys taught her. She could not stop talking about how she used what she learned in the class on the trail ride and how she cannot wait for me to take her out on some rides soon.. :)

I missed out on the after class trail ride due to feeling the effects of a chest cold but I will be ready to ride

hard on Friday, Sat and Sun.....See you guys at the DASH!

As always good times and lotts learned! Thanks again!

Here's a couple of pics...Left to right.....Rachel (Jeff behind her), Roger, Tommy, Instructor Carguy and Instructor Ride Orange.

000_0152.jpg

000_0154.jpg

It was a great class (I had to say that because Rob and John are way bigger then I am). :unsure:

I found “Dirt Bike School” to be very helpful. We learned a lot of techniques and then got to put them to use on the short ride afterwards. This proved that what they taught us really works. It was amazing how much I improved my riding after the class. I can’t wait to go out again and practice some more. I just need a couple of people to do the figure eight with.

I would really recommend this course for anyone who is new to riding in the dirt, or has been away from riding in the dirt for several years. I would also recommend it for an experienced rider who never had formal instructions and wants to break bad habits.

It you have kids wanting to learn to ride, this is a good course for them. Although I must say I was roosted several times by somebody that is barely as tall as my navel. I had a good time and got to see the differences between how two strokes and four stokes must be operated.

I learned so much that I’m going to take the MSF basic and advanced rider street bike courses as well. I’ve had my motorcycle license for around 33 years but I figure you’re never too old to learn. I hope to get coaches as good as Rob and John.

Thanks Rob and John! (And their helpers too.) :unsure: