Taking a few buddies down next weekend, want to hit the coast line west of Colnett for a few miles of beach riding. It has been a few years for me, anyone been through there recently, still all good? Will be coming down from Meling, plan to hit Colnett head south along the arroyo then drop down cliffs just north of the Punta, following yellow track on image below. Update on conditions, gates, etc are much appreciated.

post-15563-0-71770300-1449930274_thumb.j

Just an overnighter, going to be two long days, Tecate to Meling via RSV, VT and Mike's, 200ish miles. Day two Meling to Tecate via Colnett, Erendira, St Tomas, Ojos, 240ish miles.

We rode from Colonet to San Quintin over Thanksgiving without any issues. There are some spots where you have to ride on the bluff above the beach, but we rode at least 20 miles of beach.

We rode from Colonet to San Quintin over Thanksgiving without any issues. There are some spots where you have to ride on the bluff above the beach, but we rode at least 20 miles of beach.

Thanks for the info jawhitmoyer, do you have gps tracks from that ride you would be willing to share? Trying to avoid as much "unknown" as can be expected in baja given the milage and short daylight. I'll send you a PM with my email, if you do have tracks I'd appreciate you sharing.