dirt dame

I QUIT (how stupid that turned out to be)

I quit my miserable retail management job that I have had for eight years today. I don't know what I'll do next, but I do know that I had enough. Maybe I'll start by just taking some time off and going riding.

I wish I could afford to quit. :blink:

I cant really, but I can scarcely afford not to.

Wow! Bold move.

I hope you find a great job soon.

There are a ton of jobs here in Temecula.

Mimi, what was the job you had?

Why did you quit?

What type of work would you LIKE to do?

(Perhaps someone here knows of a possibility)

I have been in retail sporting goods for about 11 years now. Kind of burned out. Been looking for something else for quite a while and followed alot of leads, but waiting for something really good to come along. The company I work for has had a lot of up and downs, plenty of downs lately and they seem to be having some finacial difficulties as well, and a certain amount of other mismanagement and poor judgement. I guess you could say that a sequence of events led up to the straw that broke the camels back and I got tired of the (for a lack of better discription)bull shiza.

So I know something about retail management, accounting, sales and using poorly programmed computer systems :blink:

I also know about motorcycles and service, having been in that business back in the 80s.

I have also worked for an accounting company in the 90s.

Sometimes a body just has to walk away from a rut whether they are ready to or not.

Good for you! I have done that in the past, felt good about it, but was not easy with the financial strain since I was the provider with two kids at the time. Eventually things worked out... I have been a psychotherapist with my own office for about 9 years now, working with kids, couples, and families. I love what I do, but I'm kind of ready for some changes... I'm also thinking about closing shop, and enage in other projects. My kids are grown, so I have more flexibility now... I'm going to keep a recent job with the County in forensic psychology, as they have a great pension plan. Good luck! Life is about changes and taking risks... just as with motorcycles and adventure riding... Something good should come up... :blink:

.................................................. I quit my miserable job .....................................................

ineedahugposterc1217905zp7.jpg

I hope thats works out for the better for ya . Good Luck.

... (of course the weddings off....... no workie, no wifie.)

.................................................. I quit my miserable job .....................................................

I hope thats works out for the better for ya . Good Luck.

... (of course the weddings off....... no workie, no wifie.)

That's just fine. I didn't want to be a housewife anyway. :blink:

Man, that's an ugly dog....

Big bold move, but I bet you're feeling good this afternoon.

I'm still trying to do a desert ride on Thursday. You think you'd care to join us? I think it's an us, I need to get a hold of bum.

Jon

We'll see. I think it would be a good idea. I wouldn't be working on that day, unless the company would like to kiss my rosey little address book, and there is no corporation that is willing to do that. :blink:

It sounds like you made a good decision DD. Congratulations on standing up for your rights and having the courage to choose your own path. You have many valuable tallents and I know that everything will work out in your favor. You Go Girl ! :blink: