Hey guys , report of the race in Plaster city Jan 20. no pictures yet but i guess they gonna put on the website www.amad38.com soon ! .

It was nice and tuff but if I can tell you ...in europe the races are much more fun and the winner is who knows how to ride on the bike fast and not who can make it until the end !! :D

I finished in the 5th position on my category ( open , novas) , I'm happy of my result since was my first race in Usa in the desert ( in the ---- sand ! ) and was complitly differents that what i though.

We were 138 riders and in the start line i start excellent really fast and fortunatly my xr 650 r is start perfect at the first kick , in the end of the first 2 miles ( bomb rum ) i was in the first 5th general position but just after about 4 miles i feld down i couldn't see nothing in front of me too much dust .

I make a wrong my strategy i start really fast and my first laps ( 25 miles ) was just get position .

when i past my first laps i was on my 35th general positions and first in my class (open novas ) my second lap was fine even if the terrain was horrible full of deep bumps of sand ( but deep sand ).

I had my pist stop after the second laps ( 50 miles ) and i can tell you that my pits stop was not really professional like my competitor ( looks like F 1 pit stop ) :D ..... i just stop about 5 minutes drink put the gas on go .

My 3th laps was like hell ! the track was just all deep bumps all the time the sand was worse than a beach send i feld down 2 times and one time i took more than 5 minutes to take out my bike of the sand and fire it up !.

I finished fine but my arms was too big that i could not push my clutch anymore :blink:

it was tuff really tuff and this kind of race to make the good result you don't need to be a good fast rider you just need to go slow but consistant like endurance races and also you should to have the strong body more than a good bike !!

anyway i had a great experience and now i know how is gonna be my strategy for the next race but i hope is not gonna be in that deep sand i gues that i prefer rocks than sand :D

have a nice week guys ;)

Stefano

Glad you had an interesting time, even if it doesn't sound like the most fun a person could have in sand and dust. In those long races, pacing is everything. I used to ride grandprix races back inthe 70s and 80s and my strategy was to start out easy and relaxed and pick up speed and positions all through the race. I was really lousy at short races, but really good at long ones. :blink:

Sounds just like I remember it! ;)

One of the biggest reasons I stopped racing down there was the dust. There was just sooo much of it, I had to come to a near stop many times. Just in time for someone else to pass me and make more dust. :blink:

You are right, it's all about endurance! I wasn't super fast but near the end of most races I would start reeling people in and passing!

Yes, it's super sandy down there and the course gets really chewed up after the first lap.

You did very well for your first race.

Good job!

Way to go Stefano!!! ;) Racing in the dust two years ago is what broke my maxilla (I think my teeth are STILL a little loose :blink: ) If it ever RAINS again maybe I'll go with you and we'll give it another shot :D .

Thanks guys !

yes like Rob wrote if rain will be differents and more fun !! but looks like hard here in South California actually desert area ! :blink:

Good on you Buddy! :blink: It takes allot of courage to something like that!

I hope to be there for your next one!

I don't know if you are already doing it or not but a "Dry-Break" set up for fuel might make make the pit stops a bit faster for you as well as having a second set of wheels and tires with the "Quick" change set up too.

I told you before I'd be happy to pit for you if I can make it, let me know with a PM and we will talk about it. I have some tools and I can bring the stuff needed to support you in the 4Runner so I would be willing to help when I can. ;)

With a little bit of practice I'm sure I could be a big help for you.

Cheers buddy!

Congratulations Stefano! You did really well for being your fist race in the USA, and with this particular type of terrain... To me, part of the fun of life is to try different type of things and situations. So, now you got to experience racing in the U.S. desert! :blink: You learned much from this race, and I bet you will know better what to expect, and what type of training for the next race... Anyway, cool!!!! ;) I'm still getting my upper back/neck in shape... It has been very painful after my Baja long ride, maybe I need to go to a chiropractor... I'll call you as soon as I feel better to go riding in the deep sand... :D

Hey Chief Gunner, thank you for the compliments and for your disponibility i will contact you before the next race !!! but i can tell you that after 50 miles on the sand i was really need a 3 minutes break ! ;) was not just about the fast pit stop that i didn't win ! :blink:

Martin, thank you for the compliments ! and i hope to hear soon from you for a next ride together !

Good on you Buddy! :blink: It takes allot of courage to something like that!

I hope to be there for your next one!

I don't know if you are already doing it or not but a "Dry-Break" set up for fuel might make make the pit stops a bit faster for you as well as having a second set of wheels and tires with the "Quick" change set up too.

I told you before I'd be happy to pit for you if I can make it, let me know with a PM and we will talk about it. I have some tools and I can bring the stuff needed to support you in the 4Runner so I would be willing to help when I can. :D

With a little bit of practice I'm sure I could be a big help for you.

Cheers buddy!

Hey, I don't know anything about racing or pits stops, but I can be part of the pit stop team with you in order to provide support for Stefano! ;)

Also, Joaquin and Dana, 2wheels and self can help out for Baja 250!

Good Job Stefano! I'll see you at the next race at plaster city east on 2/17 if you plan to keep after it. I'll introduce you to the OTB guys.

Rob- the team race is on 3/9, you going to be ready?

Good Job Stefano! I'll see you at the next race at plaster city east on 2/17 if you plan to keep after it. I'll introduce you to the OTB guys.

Rob- the team race is on 3/9, you going to be ready?

ROCK-N-ROLL, Teammate!!! (How about Team Seen-Yor-Orange ;) )

Just hearing how Stefano felt makes me want to race again - misrey LOVES company you know :blink:

Thank you guys for the compliments !

for sure i will be in for the next one on 2/17

so we can race all together and have fun ! :blink: Rob try to make it !

Stefano