Nobody was saying a peep this morning about a Monday ride, but by 8:30 a plan had gelled that involved meeting up with Bikeslut and Ozzy at Pine Valley. I decided a two-stroke was the ticket for the type of riding we would most likely be doing and hauled Riley the KDX out for some exercise.

We met at about a quarter to ten and wasted no time getting underway. I led for the most part, riding loose and relaxed. Maybe a little too loose and relaxed, since I managed to smack into a manzanita bush twice (not the same bush twice)and get knocked over. We went down west Kernan and up east Kernan, then did all the interior trails except for west Bronco Peak. All frisky singletracks with some good technical stuff as well. It was perfect weather and there was good traction and not too much dust, at least for me :lol: . It was a good ride overall, the only bad parts for me were when I discovered that a powerbar gel pack had been punctured in my tool pack, oozing goo all over the inside of the bag and when I was trying a new line up a rocky hill, rolled the throttle off and looked over to see where Bikeslut was. That was a bad idea; I crashed into a manzanita stump and got a big goose egg bruise on my hip :D and lost a bolt to my clutch perch mount. The other bolt was bent. We fuddled around in a group effort and got the perch secured, then continued the ride without incident(at least for me).

On the way down Kernan Bikeslut fell ill :D , possibly from hydration issues, so we rested a little while at the Morena Stokes road crossing to be sure he could continue riding the trail, then proceded at a reduced pace back to the vehicles. Other than that, it was a fairly peachy singletrack ride with two good guys. Thanks Bikeslut and Ozzy for good company :lol: .

post-892-1200366641.jpg?width=1920&heigh
post-892-1200366593.jpg?width=1920&heigh
post-892-1200366569.jpg?width=1920&heigh

post-892-1200366569_thumb.jpg

post-892-1200366593_thumb.jpg

post-892-1200366641_thumb.jpg

feeling much better now

Mimi- nice to meet you

Ozzy- uh

seriously; nice ride at a good pace... I could see how a two smoke would be a preferred ride on some of that really narrow stuff... next time I'm bringing my TTR125

As Ozzy pointed out... all last week I was on business, sitting in an air conditioned room all day, and boosting company stock til the wee hours every night...

I'll post some pictures tomorrow

I'll post some pictures tomorrow

Yes, please post some pictures, as I was too busy riding or falling down to take very many of my own :angry:

Alright, Ozzy and Bikeslut....you may remember it took me a while to get up off the ground after that last getoff on east Bronco Peak where I fell on the manzanita stump. Ya know why? Cause it really hurt where the stump caught me in the hip with the weight of the machine behind me. At the risk of putting my hiney on the web, I present: My Crash Booboo. The faint of heart may not want to look or you might find it rather artistic. :ph34r: I did try to color coordinate my shorts with the bruise! :blink:

At the risk of putting my hiney on the web, I present: My Crash Booboo. The faint of heart may not want to look or you might find it rather artistic. :ph34r: I did try to color coordinate my shorts with the bruise! :lol:

I’m sorry Mimi but I think that I’d be screaming for morphine not taking photos. :huh: While in high school I was told that women had a higher pain threshold then men. I think this proves it! :blink: I’ve got tears in my eyes just looking at the photo, don’t know what I’d do if it was my thigh. We need to call you Iron Woman not dirt dame.

By the way you will need some red… stripes of something… in your shorts if you are going to color coordinate properly. ;)

I hope that pain and bruise goes away quickly.

The pain will go faster than the mark. The bruise will slowly turn green and will lighten, but will still have a big hard knot of dead blood in it that I will be able to feel under the skin for up to six weeks. I have had plenty of experience with this type of injury, though usually it is from a handlebar or a footpeg. It comes with the territory and there isn't enough protective gear or padding in the world to keep it from happening. You can only wear so much stuff, before you can't move and then you may as well sit home in front of the TV instead of riding :ph34r:

The pain will go faster than the mark. The bruise will slowly turn green and will lighten, but will still have a big hard knot of dead blood in it that I will be able to feel under the skin for up to six weeks. I have had plenty of experience with this type of injury, though usually it is from a handlebar or a footpeg. It comes with the territory and there isn't enough protective gear or padding in the world to keep it from happening. You can only wear so much stuff, before you can't move and then you may as well sit home in front of the TV instead of riding :ph34r:

I have had many of those! My last one was in January of 2006 and I still have a hard lump there! I don't know if it will ever go away :blink: .

Yeah, girls are tough! :huh:

My Crash Booboo. The faint of heart may not want to look or you might find it rather artistic. :ph34r: I did try to color coordinate my shorts with the bruise! :blink:

Title should be "and this one proves I was there". I think with a close up you could make a great psycedelic poster. Heal quick. Ken

damm! OK do you remember what I told you,the next time he takes your line use him for traction!

I was warned about bikeslut being a bully but Ididn"t think he would do THAT to you. :ph34r:

good luck and hope to see you back out on the trail soon

damm! OK do you remember what I told you,the next time he takes your line use him for traction!

I was warned about bikeslut being a bully but Ididn"t think he would do THAT to you. :blink:

good luck and hope to see you back out on the trail soon

:lol:;):o:D

Oh, and to KLRoger....I don't think I ever want any kind of stripes IN my shorts :huh:

Ken, I think we have both had enough of the "sixties" :ph34r:

Oh, and to KLRoger....I don't think I ever want any kind of stripes IN my shorts :blink:

Ken, I think we have both had enough of the "sixties" :ph34r:

Depends where you have the srtipes. Ok no stripes, tie dye then, that would be hip. If you really want to match the bruse you could and reds, yellows, green and black, now that would be far out.

Stay groovey! Roger :huh:

Alright, Ozzy and Bikeslut....you may remember it took me a while to get up off the ground after that last getoff on east Bronco Peak where I fell on the manzanita stump. Ya know why? Cause it really hurt where the stump caught me in the hip with the weight of the machine behind me. At the risk of putting my hiney on the web, I present: My Crash Booboo. The faint of heart may not want to look or you might find it rather artistic. :unsure: I did try to color coordinate my shorts with the bruise! :D

Damn!!! That looks painful... and you were pm'ing ME to see if I was ok... HA!

Sorry for my part in your get-off, I'll try to give you a little more room next time... Did I say "DAMN!"?

Alright, Ozzy and Bikeslut....you may remember it took me a while to get up off the ground after that last getoff on east Bronco Peak where I fell on the manzanita stump. Ya know why? Cause it really hurt where the stump caught me in the hip with the weight of the machine behind me. At the risk of putting my hiney on the web, I present: My Crash Booboo. The faint of heart may not want to look or you might find it rather artistic. :unsure: I did try to color coordinate my shorts with the bruise! :D

Damn!!! That looks painful... and you were pm'ing ME to see if I was ok... HA!

Sorry for my part in your get-off, I'll try to give you a little more room next time... Did I say "DAMN!"?

No need to apologize. It's just one of those things that happens. I could have not looked over. I could have taken the normal line. I could have ridden like David Knight. Oops, strike that last one. I wish I could ride like David Knight. :D

I could have ridden like David Knight. Oops, strike that last one. I wish I could ride like David Knight.

first you need to start by riding your KTM

I could have ridden like David Knight. Oops, strike that last one. I wish I could ride like David Knight.

first you need to start by riding your KTM

Phooey, David Knight can ride a chromed toaster oven better than I can ride my KTM :unsure:

At the risk of putting my hiney on the web, I present: My Crash Booboo.

but will still have a big hard knot of dead blood in it that I will be able to feel under the skin for up to six weeks.

OUCH!!! Please keep an eye on it. I had an almost identical bruise and almost the same area, up a tad higher :) and it ended up filling with fluid and needing to be drained.

Sounds like you have had this experience before, so you know "wasup"

Just my .02

Booboo update. The swelling, what little there was is mostly gone, as is most of the pain. The center of the bruise has turned pale yellow and the whole bruise itches, fairly typical for the healing process. Things are going as peachy as they can for a big ol bloody hematoma. :)

Booboo update. The swelling, what little there was is mostly gone, as is most of the pain. The center of the bruise has turned pale yellow and the whole bruise itches, fairly typical for the healing process. Things are going as peachy as they can for a big ol bloody hematoma. :blink:

Glad to hear it!

Rock On!