Sign in to follow this  
ADV Bum

BBTR Ridgecrest 300

Big Bear Trail Riders is putting on this ride. Does anyone know anything about this ride, done it before?

Big Bear Trail Riders is putting on this ride. Does anyone know anything about this ride, done it before?

I belong to BBTR and I registered for this ride.........then realized it's the weekend after the Desert Dash.......I'd like to ride'em both but may pass on the BBTR ride for political reasons on the homefront........if ya know what I mean :friends:

I've never participated in this particular ride before but it looks pretty fun....good group of guys.......you can go the BBTR website for Maps/GPS Tracks.....I think it may be all green sticker riding so unplated bikes/kids could come along as well (if they can handle riding 300 miles in 2 days).....I sent Frank an e-mail to verify......if I wind up skipping it due to the date I may go back and ride it some other weekend since the tracks are available for use anytime.....

This is the e-mail that was sent out to members:

Registration is now open for the Big Bear Trail Riders Ridgecrest 300 Dualsport Ride to be held on March 1 & 2, 2008. This fun ride will begin in Barstow wind through the scenic west Mojave Desert past the Husky monument, through the Johannasburg and Randsburg area then onto Ridgecrest. The ride will be approximately 150 miles each day and we will gas in Johannasburg both days. Big Bear Trail Riders will provide lunch on the trail both days and dinner on Saturday night. The cost is $25.00 for club members and their immediate family and $50.00 for non club members. You will be responsible for your room accommodations in Ridgecrest. We have a block of rooms reserved at the Heritage Inn & Suites in Ridgecrest. Log onto the BBTR club website at bigbeartrailriders.com for further information and to register for the ride.

Here's a link to the BBTR website: Big Bear Trail Riders

Just received an e-mail from Frank pertaining to kids riding the route:

"I have not been on the this ride myself yet but I do see we will be riding on some city streets and highways so unless you make arrangements to meet someone with a truck when we are coming into and leaving Ridgecrest it might be a problem."

So much for bringing any kids along on the ride. I saw the coment on the application form that kids were $25 so I thought it was a green sticker ride........sorry if I got anyone's hopes up about bringing their kid(s) :friends:<_<

I saw the coment on the application form that kids were $25

Maybe the $25 entry is for those of us that still act like we're 14.

I saw the coment on the application form that kids were $25

Maybe the $25 entry is for those of us that still act like we're 14.

Behave like 14yr olds?.......that would probably encompass 90% of SDAR.......

Can this ride be done on a GS with a reasonably competent rider?

thanks.

fn

thanks.

fn

I haven't ridden the route before......I've only viewed the tracks on MapSource.......Best way to get an answer to your question would be to contact BBTR directly through their website and ask'em about the route, easy/hard splits, etc.....

thanks.

fn

I haven't ridden the route before......I've only viewed the tracks on MapSource.......Best way to get an answer to your question would be to contact BBTR directly through their website and ask'em about the route, easy/hard splits, etc.....

Thank you- yes, I've sent an email directly to them as well as my VERY FIRST, introductory post on SDAR.!

And I should point out that it's not a child on the GS. :lol:

fn

ahhhh- welcome fakename... Wile E. Coyote... Super genius...

to all: If I acted like a 14 year old, my wife would think I was all grown up now...

Word from the BBTR is that while it COULD be done on a GS, it's not recommended.

fn