...Not sure what to call this. Recently replaced my clutch cable, and this one seemed to have a lot of stretch in it. I've had to adjust it quite a few times since install.

Now at cold start-up my bike lurches and stalls when I put it in first. I kick it over, allow about 45 seconds for warm-up, pull in the clutch, punch it into gear - and it acts like the clutch is out. Works normal after a another minute of riding. Shifts good, etc.

This is my third cable, never had this trouble with the other two. Any idears?

Thanks,

Phil

What Kind of bike ? Dr 350 ? Probley not the cable but the clutch or linkage that is wonkey .

You may have a broken spring on the clutch basket.

Easy fix.

Check the lever action @ the other end of the cable .

Thanks guys. Curious thing - if I hold the lever in for the last 15 seconds of warmup it works perfect. Maybe an oil thing? Hmmm.

DR350 thing. Research it a bit, the fingers on the clutch housing get notched. There's also a washer behind the clutch housing that is recommended to be sanded down a bit.

Yeah- my DR350 always clunked into gear when cold, and was hard to find neutral when stopped.

DR350 thing. Research it a bit, the fingers on the clutch housing get notched. There's also a washer behind the clutch housing that is recommended to be sanded down a bit.

Tried holding in the clutch for a few seconds before engaging again this morning. Perfect.

Though I would not be surprised if the clutch basket needs some help. Carb, clutch, timing chain, all cables were worn out when I bought it. I had someone extend the cam chain tensioner about 1500 miles ago. So the next project is to fix it right.

Thanks again.