Goofy Footer

Best Diesel < $10k

Yup parking did suck I literally got stuck in la mesa costco parking lot fot 15 minutes until someone parked next to me moved their car I could not get out. You learn to back in everywhere you go so you can pull out, definitely a consideration

A riding buddy just bought a 1996 F250 extended cab long bed diesel. The truck is pretty badass and feels like a Truck with the old metal door handles etc. It sure was nice to close the tail gate with both bikes inside and not have to move them around.

What is everybody's experience with Long Bed vs Regular Bed trucks?

Oh you mean this truck? Long bed is great. More room for bikes, beer, girls who actually ride and don't complain. BTW, so heavy in the front that we camped here- because we got stuck.

post-15713-0-13923200-1445324281_thumb.jpost-15713-0-13678400-1445324509.jpg

Diesel here today is $2.59 up the street from me :)

Big plus for me when going with the diesel was better fuel mileage both unloaded and towing. My F-250 gets right around 20 MPG on the highway unloaded if driven at reasonable speeds. Gets 15 or so around town. However, if just driving to work and back (5 miles) I get around 10.5 MPG because it never gets warmed up.

Towing my 30 ft toy hauler was where it really shined. Typically got between 9.5 to 12 MPG if I kept my foot out of it. When I'd get impatient and rip around cars going up hill or tow at 75 MPH (outside CA of course ;-) then the mileage would drop somewhat.

The guys I know towing similar rigs with gas motors paid much higher gas bills, plus they couldn't go as far between fill-ups.