Chief Gunner

Plaster City West 4 the races and then off to Superstition

Sorry guy's and Gals no pics ....yet. :) ..

Headed out at 6:30 with my good Buddy Backhoedoc to catch up & meet with Ride Orange and Tree out at Plaster City West so we could help out at the Scramble (AMA sanctified races) ...We got there just in time to grab an Orange vest and head out to check-point one...

Unloaded and hauled it out there with Carguy, Ride Orange, Tree, and Backhoedoc, and then a bit later KTMrad showed up! :lol: We all went out to have a good time helping out with the racers.

After the race KTMrad, Carguy and I headed to go blast some trails and paths for the upcoming Desert Dash... :D:D;):D

It was an EPIC blast heading out to Superstition!

LOTTS AND LOTTS OF FUN! :D:D Looked down at the old speedo a couple of times and was surprised to see how fast we were tracking... :lol:

Virgin Sand, no tracks and the way the wind was blowing it was a toataly spiritual experience just riding and enjoying it and soaking up the absolute glory of it all.

Thank you all, I will be thinking of the serenity, the rush and the good time I had today for the rest of the week and until I can ride like that again.

Brian: "Backhoedoc" Special thanks :D ....Rob "Ride Orange", John "Carguy", Duane "Tree" and Randy "KTMrad".....

THANK YOU MY BROTHERS!

Anytime, Anywhere Always!

Aaron

Sorry guy's and Gals no pics ....yet. ;) ..

Did someone ask for pics? :D

I had a blast supporting the OTB 2nd annual Jeff Cady Desert Scramble :D

I would like to thank R.O., Tree, & John for the invite.

I am not a racer, I just like to have some fun. It was fun riding a little over half of the course at my 15mph pace. That took almost an hour. These riders made the whole 25 mi lap just over a half hour.

Oh yah. Pics.

Setting up Check #1

1-7.jpg

R.O. & Mrs R.O. with support vehicle

2-7.jpg

Ready and waiting.

3-7.jpg

Lot of red bikes in front. :D

4-6.jpg

5-5.jpg

6-6.jpg

7-4.jpg

8-5.jpg

9-5.jpg

Our Pres. ready for Superstition.

10-5.jpg

Our hosts were tearing down after 4 days in the Dez and the 4 amigos were going to head out to play and one had tire issues.

After hauing butt to Superstition 3 of the amigos stopped to figure out R.O.'s GPS unit.

11-4.jpg

In the sand, yes we are having fun being the only people at Superstition. B):D

12-4.jpg

Since it didn't rain, we had to water the plants. :D

13-2.jpg

King of the Dez Chief

14-1.jpg

Randy showing what I did behind him just before. I took a major dirt nap playing around before I caught up to Rad. Did mention we were having a blast??

15.jpg

16.jpg

The sun was setting on these Adventure riders and I had to get home before I turned into a pumpkin

17-1.jpg

Had a blast, look foward to the next adventure. :angry:

Thanks Bro!

Loved this one! KTMrad will ride anything won't he :angry:;):D

10-5.jpg

It is a KTM

Oh yah. Pics.

16.jpg

Gotta Love that SMOOOOTH/clean/untracked sand........looks like you guys hit some awesome conditions.......that dune off in the distance to the right is called "Widow Maker"........challenging climb without paddles......

There are some fun/twisty hardpack sections out there too......bet you guys had fun laying down some tracks........looking forward to a return trip to Superstition/The Dash

It was a great time. Thanks for the help with the check point guys. Good meeting some new members and our fearless leader finally. See you guys soon.

It was nice to be in the district 38 area again and to help out at the first check point B) Meeting Tree for the first time was a real pleasure, trying to keep up with him on the trail is completely out of the question :( However it was great to see the guys again and also the SUN :D:D Even though my total miles logged in was an all time low of (TEN) miles the race was very cool and I would like to participate hopefully more in the future. By the way, the best of fortune to Tree on his new powder coating busn. Other than a few tire mishaps it was a great day. May the New Year bring everyone health and wealth :) THE DOC.

It sure was a great weekend. The race course was pretty much marked when we arrived around noon on Friday, so as soon as we had set camp we got ready to go ride it (pre-running is o.k. as long as you don't intend to race, otherwise it a big D.Q.!). Here's our race course designer, John 79, preparing to go hit it at race speed and make sure it'll be fun for the whole "family" (yes, that's a Coors Light he's pounding, 'cause you gotta be hydrated before each ride B) ).

IMG_0565.jpg

It looked like this pretty much all day Friday and Saturday. Rain coming over the mountains and dumping in the foothills, but never reaching us at Plaster City (although we could have used a little).

IMG_0567.jpg

The Three Amigas

IMG_0569.jpg

3D glasses really crack me up

IMG_0572.jpg

The Race Leader on one of those cool looking Betas gets checked by our own Tree

IMG_0576.jpg

I really like those Ocotillo Cactus, can't wait for 'em to start blooming. Here's a view to the bottom of the loose rocky hill that the racers had to get up to get to check one. Threre was a minimal amount of carnage on this hill. One of the first quads lost his clutch here and carguy had to show him wassup (appearently you have to adjust them occasionally :( )

IMG_0581-1.jpg

Looking back toward the checkpoint from the same spot. Our guys did a SUPERB job. from left to right: carguy, Jack (not an SDAR), backhoe doc, Chief Gunner, & Tree. Not pictured here is our fearless leader (I think he was off tooling around on the KTM Pro Junior at the time :D )

post-88-1199905750_thumb.jpg :D:D

The Chief checks off the #1 Veteran

IMG_0587.jpg

And of course, this one proves I was there

IMG_0592.jpg

It was really cool having an SDAR check point of our own. A lot of the D38 and OTB guys asked about our little SDAR club and expressed interest in getting together with us to go ride. (shameless politicol plug follows) With all the closures that are continuing to happen, it looks like the Dual Sport option will be the off road riding wave of the future.

Special thanks to backhoe doc for helping us get the flat tire on the F 250 (I KNOW... I should have bought a Chevy :) ) fixed so that we could get on the road. We DID make it home before dark :D

Sorry I missed it. Looks like much better weather than last time :( . You guys look like you had it covered OK.

Doc, I know what you mean about those guys being fast. Last time we rode the poker run and a friend of Tree's had a rear flat on his KTM. He threw a couple of zip ties on it and I couldn't keep up with him, let alone the rest of them without flats B) .

See you guys on the trails soon...... :) Ken

Great Pics Guys! Glad to hear you all had fun working our check, I picked a better location this time I guess.

Thanks again for all the help, looking forward to repaying the favor at the Dash.