This video is pretty good for showing the dropoffs they are talking about.

The trail is a lot rockier now than you can see in the video. Last time I was on it, a few months ago, I was just bouncing around the whole last half of the trail. It's not that steep, but the nastiest rocky sections are all on the downhill side, which made for a little pucker. I'm not a fan.

This video is pretty good for showing the dropoffs they are talking about.

The trail is a lot rockier now than you can see in the video. Last time I was on it, a few months ago, I was just bouncing around the whole last half of the trail. It's not that steep, but the nastiest rocky sections are all on the downhill side, which made for a little pucker. I'm not a fan.

Nice. Looks manageable. Im guessing the camera doesn't do it justice, so its probably harder than it looks...but it looks fun.

Kernan is not that bad at all I have seen 2 people loose their bikes 15 feet down the hill though that sucked recovering. But totally doable I have done on my 950se without problems. I think it's a lot less rocky now then it was 1-2 years ago.

This video is pretty good for showing the dropoffs they are talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-GvRB6sf8o The trail is a lot rockier now than you can see in the video. Last time I was on it, a few months ago, I was just bouncing around the whole last half of the trail. It's not that steep, but the nastiest rocky sections are all on the downhill side, which made for a little pucker. I'm not a fan.

If you even try riding your bike this slow, it will be me that ghost rides his bike off a tall rock.

The video that slut posted is more like it.

This video is pretty good for showing the dropoffs they are talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-GvRB6sf8o The trail is a lot rockier now than you can see in the video. Last time I was on it, a few months ago, I was just bouncing around the whole last half of the trail. It's not that steep, but the nastiest rocky sections are all on the downhill side, which made for a little pucker. I'm not a fan.

If you even try riding your bike this slow, it will be me that ghost rides his bike off a tall rock.

The video that slut posted is more like it.

Roger that. Full speed ahead. I'll just close my eyes for the scary parts.

meatmord... that's the spirit

In defense of my video... that was Axel's first month on that bike, and he was still figuring out the "stand up to go fast" aspect.

Some other hints for n00bs riding this type of terrain: Keep your head up; the obstacles right in front of your tire are too late to worry about. You should have seen those 20 feet earlier and already adjusted your line

Don't target fixate- yeah, I agree that boulder is scary, but something about our caveman brains tells us to hit what we are looking at... look for the "out"... look for the smooth line, the safe part of the trail

Bikes that aren't rolling are inherently unstable... keep things rolling; the bike is more capable than you are

it's dirt, and mostly downhill on this section... do NOT lock up that front brake going downhill. The ground is hard and rocky. DO use SOME front brake, or else you will drag that locked rear wheel downhill in an ever increasing rate of fishtailing speed. Better off starting slow, and then increase speed, than start fast and be unable to scrub off speed

LOOK at the trail... this trail has 3 or 4 sharp turns with the outside of the turn going down through scrub brush... look for the trail, and go that way (just another example of target fixating)

there are also a couple uphill rock obstacles... lean forward and accelerate through them. If you DON'T lean forward and DO accelerate the front end will flop around. If you DO lean forward and DON'T accelerate, you'll smash into rocks way harder than you will like.

Enjoy the ride guys... sorry I'm going to miss it

LOOK at the trail... this trail has 3 or 4 sharp turns with the outside of the turn going down through scrub brush... look for the trail, and go that way (just another example of target fixating)

it

:ph34r:

Firoads are safe. 350 Thumper drifting around corners WFO on the 450 is dangerous.

Be safe Darren, I may sneak out and join you if you'll kick start my bike for me.

Now that your @ N00b status again,

(Ken S. with a broket foot)

My recomebdation as a friend,

(And I dont use that word lightly)

is to wait 2 weeks..

I aint kickstarting nobodys bike .. if you cant start it,

you shudnt b ridin it.

That being said , I have to bump start my husky now broken kickstarter gear. ...Hint ... Hint.

I just pretend I'm kicking a husky and use the dismounted left footed method.

You are bringing the Honda I hope.

I rode out there today with three other guys, and had a great time. I will post a trip report tomorrow, but for you guys:

1. I spoke with a ranger regarding adventure pass, and they are NOT required unless you are using the campgrounds.

2. It wasn't hot, but it was warm.

3. The rain left a bit of mud, but it was starting to get dusty. Some of the trails with steep sides were slippery.

4. Traffic was pretty light, but I would expect tomorrow to be busier.