Hey guys/gals,

Thinking of doing Pine Valley next saturday (July 4) early in the morning (7 or 8ish). I rode out there this afternoon (for the first time) just to see what riding on the freeway for 40 miles would be like on my crf250l. Then when I found the beginning of the trail I road up it for about twenty minutes. Haven't had that much fun in a long time.

I rode dirtbikes as a kid but am otherwise a noob on the dirt. I don't really know what to grade that ride in terms of difficulty, its the only one I have ever done (and I only went a few miles), but it was awesome and I need more.

I will probably only ride an hour up and then back, mostly because I am terrified of getting far enough out and then wrecking my bike and all the survival issues that might ensue. Probably would ride longer if with someone experienced. Also, I just ordered boots and other protective stuff so I will be feeling that stuff out too.

Probably more info than you needed. If you don't want to come but feel compelled to share info about that ride (like, it gets gnarly after 2 miles and there is a clan of dangerous bush-dwellers) I'd be grateful to hear it. Thanks. Maybe see you there.

-Corey

Hey Corey, do you mean pine valley culdesac then hit some fire roads ? If so im in.

Id like to ride the off road area on my crf 450..

I can only do light dirt trails right now .

Kernan ok, fire roads ok...black diamonds are out for me till after september.

Hey Corey, do you mean pine valley culdesac then hit some fire roads ? If so im in.

Id like to ride the off road area on my crf 450..

I can only do light dirt trails right now .

Kernan ok, fire roads , black diamonds are out for me till after september.

ha, if by "pine valley Culdesac" you mean the culdesac right off the 8- east on Pine Valley Road, then yep.

I am game for whatever. I am pretty (actually very) new, so I think black diamonds are out of the question for me as well. . .even after September. Don't know my way around out there at all, happy to follow you if you do.

You may want to try the otay mountain truck trail sometime. Easy,nice views.

You may want to try the otay mountain truck trail sometime. Easy,nice views.

Roger that. Thanks.

Actually Chupacabras live in the OHV park and hide during the daytime.
If you ever ride there alone at.night its possible to get snatched up by them.

+1 on the early july 4th.
My son just got a KTM..

Actually Chupacabras live in the OHV park and hide during the daytime.

If you ever ride there alone at.night its possible to get snatched up by them.

+1 on the early july 4th.

My son just a KTM..

Excellent! (not the Chupacabras part)

• corral is getting soaked right now . dirt shud be good on the 4th .

just dialed in my valves with new shims. anxious to tear up the dirt roads.

still gotta clean and oil my air filter.

fire roads wont be safe that morning.

• corral is getting soaked right now . dirt shud be good on the 4th .
  • just dialed in my valves with new shims. anxious to tear up the dirt roads.
  • still gotta clean and oil my air filter.
  • fire roads wont be safe that morning.

Excellent... I am reading up on this forum trying to figure out all these different trails, and I'm getting there. All I really need to know, though, is are we still meeting just off the 8 at Pine Valley Road? Actually, I also need to know what, if anything, I should bring beyond water.

Tube tools maybe little snack or protein bars. And more water!!!!

Yes . Sat 4th of July 8am.

Pine Valley Culdesac

Low level beginners ride on fire road. Possible Kernan Cycle Trail.

Green sticker bikes ok/ or plated dualsport bikes.

Bring water, and have a bunch of fun.

Kernan is not noob friendly IMO

Some steep drop offs.

After the 10 miles of fire road, they can regroup and decide is Kernan will work for this group. Kernan on that side has some puckers. If the group is concerned, might I suggest some take olde 80 to buckman, etc, and meet at 4 corners? Trails within Corral that ARE noob friendly (if you ask me)... 1, 2, spur, and perimeter

Ya, but anyone that rides 40 miles slab to "feel out thier protective stuff " in CC, ought to at least be shown Kernan Cycle Trail...

I can show you how do it safely.shud you dare.

Ya, but anyone that rides 40 miles slab to "feel out thier protective stuff " in CC, ought to at least be shown Kernan Cycle Trail...

I can show you how do it safely.shud you dare.

I'm down. Ride the lightening.

After the 10 miles of fire road, they can regroup and decide is Kernan will work for this group. Kernan on that side has some puckers. If the group is concerned, might I suggest some take olde 80 to buckman, etc, and meet at 4 corners? Trails within Corral that ARE noob friendly (if you ask me)... 1, 2, spur, and perimeter

What are puckers?

What are puckers?

post-15028-0-63936000-1435879174.jpg

This would qualify

What are puckers?

attachicon.gifpucker_moment.jpg

This would qualify

ah, (1) a physical obstacle causing an unsuspecting rider's rear to rise above his head, (2) a series of events causing one's sphincter to pucker. Got it.

Fire roads are safe. 350 Thumper drifting around corners WFO on the 450 is dangerous.

Be safe Darren, I may sneak out and join you if you'll kick start my bike for me.

The north side of kernan has some rocky trails, sometimes steep, and sometimes off camber, and sometimes with a long fall off the side should you make a mistake with the rocks/steepness/camber...plenty of people have done it on less dirt oriented bikes than you all are riding. if you have a sweep rider (and you should) they can help you through obstacles. If you're not comfortable with LOTS of small rocks, and heights, maybe consider the street bypass.

Kind of late to the thread but I used to ride my CRFL out there from PB all the time and try out just about anything. I even went down the bronco peak connector once and smashed in the right side after I accidentally ghost rode it over a big rock. I'm convinced that bike is indestructible or at least I haven't had any luck breaking it.

Anyways, I might come out and join you guys and get a feel for my new bike. Can anyone explain to me how the whole adventure pass thing works? I'm going to have to truck it out there this time.

Jim assures me that you can park at the meeting spot with no ramifications...traditional rules have been buy the day pass or yearly pass when parking within park/forest

The north side of kernan has some rocky trails, sometimes steep, and sometimes off camber, and sometimes with a long fall off the side should you make a mistake with the rocks/steepness/camber...plenty of people have done it on less dirt oriented bikes than you all are riding. if you have a sweep rider (and you should) they can help you through obstacles. If you're not comfortable with LOTS of small rocks, and heights, maybe consider the street bypass.

Roger that. Heights Im cool with, although I suppose heights + motorcycle is probably slightly different. Small rocks, we'll have to see about that. I won't try anything I am not comfortable with.

Got the tube tools (most of em) that you guys recommended. Got motorcycle and health insurance. Good to go.