bikeslut

another 350 thumper n00b extravaganza

Here's the SPOT Track from the trip.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=dd6c5592ea3cf3982

Edited- I know there was some discussion about PLBs and SPOT trackers ect. I just looked at the user manual for my Gen 1SPot and it's battery life is on Lithium Batteries-

1 year on standby "on" mode

14 days on tracking mode

and 7 days on 911 mode.

On the SPOT 3 they don't give that info at all. But it can be externally powered where the Gen1 cannot

The SPOT 2 has

3 Months on standby

7 days on tracking

and 6 days in SOS mode.

I've never upgraded because I never felt the need to I feel that the SPOT 1 is superior for my uses because of the extended battery life.

My current cost for the full package which includes the basic check-in and 911 features plus tracking a "GEO Coverage" which is basically SAR coverage for you was 163.97 at my lsat renewal.

GEOS coverage is about 16 dollars a year. GEOS 50 covers 50,000 per accidnet with 100,000 per year cap. GEOS 100 covers 100,000 per accident and 100,000 per year cap. As far as I can find.

The two biggest costs are the basic service at 50 dollars a month andthe tracking service at 50 dollars a month. The newer units can adjust the time between tracking where the older SPOT 1 like min will only do 10 minute intervals. The Adjustable tracking intervals cost extra money just a heads up there.

If you don't want to do tracking you can look at just plain ol PLBs which can be had for a good price on AMazon. THey don't track or do anything fancy but will bring in the Cavalry when needed. It's a one time cost deal you buy the PLB and register it with COSPAS SARSAT folks then you're set. The PLBs do need to be sent in for battery relacement every 5 years I think so that will be an on going expense.

Anywhoo for what it costs I'll gladly give up eating junk food or drinking coffee for a few days a month to get the tracking features. My mom and wife like it's there as well. Gives them peace of mind :)

nice tracks .

here is my first video contribution ..

forgive me in advance for how bad it is.

nevermind.. its just a video of bikesluts stunt double....(wrong video obviously)

https://youtu.be/Zr1PJ0uWk7s

Here's the SPOT Track from the trip.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=dd6c5592ea3cf3982

Edited- I know there was some discussion about PLBs and SPOT trackers ect. I just looked at the user manual for my Gen 1SPot and it's battery life is on Lithium Batteries-

1 year on standby "on" mode

14 days on tracking mode

and 7 days on 911 mode.

On the SPOT 3 they don't give that info at all. But it can be externally powered where the Gen1 cannot

The SPOT 2 has

3 Months on standby

7 days on tracking

and 6 days in SOS mode.

I've never upgraded because I never felt the need to I feel that the SPOT 1 is superior for my uses because of the extended battery life.

My current cost for the full package which includes the basic check-in and 911 features plus tracking a "GEO Coverage" which is basically SAR coverage for you was 163.97 at my lsat renewal.

GEOS coverage is about 16 dollars a year. GEOS 50 covers 50,000 per accidnet with 100,000 per year cap. GEOS 100 covers 100,000 per accident and 100,000 per year cap. As far as I can find.

The two biggest costs are the basic service at 50 dollars a month andthe tracking service at 50 dollars a month. The newer units can adjust the time between tracking where the older SPOT 1 like min will only do 10 minute intervals. The Adjustable tracking intervals cost extra money just a heads up there.

If you don't want to do tracking you can look at just plain ol PLBs which can be had for a good price on AMazon. THey don't track or do anything fancy but will bring in the Cavalry when needed. It's a one time cost deal you buy the PLB and register it with COSPAS SARSAT folks then you're set. The PLBs do need to be sent in for battery relacement every 5 years I think so that will be an on going expense.

Anywhoo for what it costs I'll gladly give up eating junk food or drinking coffee for a few days a month to get the tracking features. My mom and wife like it's there as well. Gives them peace of mind :)

If you search the internets for coupons you can almost always find tracking free with basic service.

I have a spare SPOT1 that I'd be happy to sell for the price of my gas or mailing if someone's looking for an inexpensive way to get tracking on their rides, regardless of where they go. Just PM me.

SPOT code thread on advrider: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=27107438

i did not know the noob rides where so FAST!!!!!!

Darren is fast... you are slow... great thing about n00b rides; everybody goes their own pace

i did not know the noob rides where so FAST!!!!!!

Darren is fast... you are slow... great thing about n00b rides; everybody goes their own pace

im slow i know thats why i ride so slow!!! lol!! but thats why i ride the noob rides and will post one here in ramona so i can ride in my back yard like u bob,just need to figure out the wifes new job and will go from there.

I'd be in as well. As long as I dont' have to work...........and if my PRK eyes are better by then.

I guess Im in also ..

hope I find spark will my xt 350 again.

I ordered a new cdi and stator for it already..