Sign in to follow this  
Chad

Sunday @ Lark - Bikeslut's Ride Without Bikeslut

Group rallied at 8 a.m. as scheduled, only to find out that our organizer and ride leader extraordinaire, Bikeslut, was not able to join us due to some issues with the house.

We were geared up and ready to ride when I believe mtnmnseth pulled up and informed the others that he had blown a bottom end bearing.

Two down, but we had to soldier on. . .

Roll call included sdhydro, Ken S, Logroller, 1kstep and myself. Weather was pretty nice... about 65 when we got started. The dirt was dirty... No trace of moisture left. But the tighter, semi-rutted turns held up ok and didn't swallow your front tire as they often do.

We ran around through a good bit of single track for about 2 hours. Pretty good pace with not too many stops. Found some new-ish to us tight stuff among the manzanita which was a lot of fun. Then found some rocks to play on. Everybody stayed upright (most of the time!).

When we were all done, Madman Kenny packed up and headed for the track at 212 to practice his MX after a full morning of single track... Not sure how he does it!! Sdhydro went on his way and Logroller, 1kstep and I stopped for some well earned Mexican food on the way back in to SD proper.

A couple of the boys had their cameras on. Maybe there's some good highlights to post...

Another great day... Another great ride!

bottom end fail sucks....but having it happen on 2 stroke... that's as good as it gets. nice opportunity for a complete rebuild clean up.

all new seals/ gaskets, full inspection of internals, note look closely at the shift drum for any wear, its a good time to replace it, check all the gear cogs etc. see ya on the trail soon.

When we were all done, Madman Kenny packed up and headed for the track at 212 to practice his MX after a full morning of single track... Not sure how he does it!! Sdhydro went on his way and Logroller, 1kstep and I stopped for some well earned Mexican food on the way back in to SD proper.

I feel like I'm cheating myself if I don't ride 4-6 hours every time I go out.

What helps me a lot is I wake up on ride days and take 2 Centrum energy vitamins - loaded with vitamin B and Ginseng and take couple more halfway thru the day.

But only on riding days so I do get used to them to much.

I feel I can last 50% longer.

Bikeslut didn't make his own ride but I tried to put in a good outing for us drz riders :heh: . I have some gopro raw footage but I haven't got around to figuring out how to make a vid from all the footage. I have only tried the gopro studio so far but if anyone has some pointers or advice lemme know.

Was a great ride. At one point I rode up onto this big rock and was kinda like how do I get down lol. Thought there were going to be more riders but looks like some had to bail out. Sucks bout your bike seth thought I was gonna get to ride with ya again.

Rob... I'd say you worked a little magic on the DRZ! Wherever the conga line went, you followed right along without hesitation. We hit a couple pretty steep rock faces and other technical challenges... Fine representation of the DRZ'ers!

Nice video I did exactly same thing as first video last time I was at McCain but didn't save it luckily had knee pads on which saved legs from cactus.