RogerTOWM

Jacumba Beginner Ride 12-15-07

First off, let me say that this is BRAD's ride. So for accurate information I expect the BRAD will do the report of this ride. I'm just going to try and post some poor photograhs for your viewing pleasure. I know neither how to take good photos nor how post them. :D It has taken me 24 hours to do this much. :D So any complaints you may direct to BRAD. He ordered me to post the photos. :D I did not mention everybody on the ride, nor did I spell anyones name correctly. Again I'll let BRAD do that. I hope you get my point by now, any gripes, complaints or suggestions, direct them to BRAD!. It's his fault I'm just a tool. :D

Here is Brad looking for his bike. With three orange ones (KTM) it could be hard to find. I suggested that he look for the motorcycle without a rider. But then again I'm on a Husky.

P1010066.jpg

Rest stop on the trail.

P1010067.jpg

In front is a beautiful red and white Husky, oh yeah that's Brad coming down some stair steps from the mine. The Husky has nobbies front and rear, three gear bags attached, yabber yabber etc

P1010057.jpg

Brad climbing up somemore stairs.

P1010061.jpg

Brianna climbing the stairs with style.

P1010063.jpg

More of Brianna showing Brad how to do the stairs.

P1010055.jpg

Going up to the mine.

P1010052.jpg

Time for a break.

P1010047.jpg

More riding.

P1010043.jpg

P1010051.jpg

P1010059.jpg

P1010062.jpg

XTSteve giving a thumbs up to the ride.

P1010073.jpg

Snack time!

P1010046.jpg

More riding.

P1010044.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010075.jpg

long loose hill.

P1010074.jpg

Brad broke his kickstand off so he had to lead against something to stay upright.

P1010076.jpg

Brad broke his kickstand off so he had to lead against someone to stay upright. :(

P1010077.jpg

roger, thanks for putting up the pics. Not much of a story to tell, just another great day in the high desert. I was able to get 3 dirt bikes in the back of my tacoma fairly easily and Briana did pretty good on the rocky stuff. Other than that it was pretty uneventful. We'll do it again soon.

Not much of a story to tell, just another great day in the high desert.Other than that it was pretty uneventful.

Uneventful? So why is your bike leaning? :D

Not much of a story to tell, just another great day in the high desert.Other than that it was pretty uneventful.

Uneventful? So why is your bike leaning? :(

I don't even remember how it snapped off. I think I went back to check on Briana in the sand and my stupid kickstand snapped off. I shouldve bought a honda :D

I didn't take any spills that I can think off. I think the kickstand is one of the worst parts on the KTMs.

One of my favorite play areas, if I didn't have to work I would have been there. :D

Love the look of the terrain out there. Are all of the pictures from the south side of I-8?

Nope, I forgot to take any pictures on the South Side. That border was closer then I thought. Maybe next time. These photos are from the other side, into the hills a bit. If I remember right the old butterfield stage route use to go through not far from there. It's been 30 years or so when I was last on it.

Love the look of the terrain out there. Are all of the pictures from the south side of I-8?

Nope, I forgot to take any pictures on the South Side. That border was closer then I thought. Maybe next time. These photos are from the other side, into the hills a bit. If I remember right the old butterfield stage route use to go through not far from there. It's been 30 years or so when I was last on it.

the mine is on the south side. You've got some photos from both sides there roger.

the mine is on the south side. You've got some photos from both sides there roger.

I plead Alzheimer’s. Yep the mine is on the South Side. Know I don't know if I have photos of the North Side. :D