I went on a big bike ride with Dylanewilliams and his friend they had the 1200 and I took my 800. We both where looking for a new place to ride and we found the backside of Temecula entrance to Palomar MT. It was a fun ride up the MT. because I had never been that way before and it dumped you out in Warner Springs. Great views both of them handled their 1200's with ease.

I finally babtized my bike to the dirt. Went through a deep mud puddle and I goosed it then my front tire caught the edge at the end and I went sideways and down in the mud. Everything in tack, crash bars did what they where made for. But the funny thing is before we started DylaneWillimas friend said I hope you lay it down today so you can get a scratch on it and it will be baptized then it will not look shiny anymore. I knew what he meant and it happened.

All in all a great day and a fun trip…..

post-13882-0-68465000-1419287635_thumb.j

post-13882-0-14611100-1419287691_thumb.j

post-13882-0-43232900-1419287728_thumb.j

post-13882-0-50094800-1419287771_thumb.j

Haven't been on that TT in a while. As mentioned, great views. A dirt mold of GS for Christmas - what more could you want?

Guys, i'm loving these posts and mentions of trails I've never been on.

Do you guys map these with GPS? I'm wondering where these trails are?

I assume they're talking about High Point Truck Trail up and Palomar Divide down. I have GPS tracks of a ride I did up there recently on my 990 but google will get you there just as easily.

Here's a quick idea of what it looks like: https://goo.gl/maps/oGfD6

My gps tracks:

F437573F-BFDE-47D7-A225-42E516A2C087_zps

Obligatory 990 pic:

A59D1FE1-BA4F-4F56-9BDA-1A75B01A510C_zps

Guys, i'm loving these posts and mentions of trails I've never been on.

Do you guys map these with GPS? I'm wondering where these trails are?

I didn't start recording that one until halfway up the hill, but it's real easy to find. Coming east on 79 from Temecula, turn into the Rancho California RV resort. It's the first right turn after the 371 split. That will take you all the way up the hill and drops you off the other side near Warner Springs

Thx guys - sorry for delayed response. Still getting used to the format of this forum.

I'm making a list of the new trails I want to ride - this is definitely on that list.

Take care,

Troy