If any of you haven't seen this thread Our very own Baja 1000 desert jock :D has been off his scooter and racing trucks for the last 6 months. It appears that he needs to relearn which hand twists the throttle and which pulls the clutch. I thought he could've sat on his bike in the driveway and made fart :D sounds and figured that out. :blink:

So everybody of all walks of experience c'mon out to Thousand Trails campground on Otay Lakes Rd at 830 AM on December 23rd. We will ride Otay Mt Truck Trail, Kuchama TT, a little part of route 94 to get to the Border Rd West of Tecate. Go around Tecate and Continue on the Border Rd toward Campo. Upon reaching Campo we'll hot foot it to lunch (location TBD) and then to Corral Canyon to celebrate the grand re-opening.

We'll ride Corral for a few hours and then head for home. Return route is also TBD.

Recap: December 23rd. Meet at Thousand Trails Campground 830AM. Ride alot. Mostly graded fire roads. Corral Canyon will be all terrain types. Feel free to choose your own adventure at Corral Canyon.

Begin Edit: For anyone meeting at Mission Bay Park the time is 0700. Directions. I-5 to Clairmont Dr exit. Go west into the parking lot. Stop. Say hi to/wait for other riders. Ride to Chula Vista, have breakfast, gather at the meeting area. End of Edit

Let's Ride

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I got the hall pass. I am in for now. :blink:

Craig.

I'm In and might even buy myself a real front tire for an early Xmas gift! :blink:

Here is a pic of the reason i have been so busy and off the scooter:

I had the thing in 4th place when i got out of it!

Fellow SDAR Members: Metal Twister and his son (dont know his screen name) did some of the cage work on it!

gettingsome_web.jpg

I'm in. :)

Arggggg! I am a jackass!

I was under the assumption that i had Christmas Eve off! :)B):(

I am actually working! BOOOOO

Anyway, i cant make the Xmas eve run! :(

Damn, i need to ride SOON!

PM was sent to Mangler about doing this ride on Sunday the 23rd.

Are any of you able to go then?

Jon

At this point I would be in for Sunday.

Awesome! Would be great to see ya again stranger!

Would be nice to see you too. I will bring my Garmin so you can try to bring me up to speed.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

At this point I would be in for Sunday.

Awesome! Would be great to see ya again stranger!

Would be nice to see you too. I will bring my Garmin so you can try to bring me up to speed.

Hey Mike, lets make this an awesome one and ride there from Carlsbad Pyro style. I will ride tou your house, at about 5:30 ;)

Hey Mike, lets make this an awesome one and ride there from Carlsbad Pyro style. I will ride tou your house, at about 5:30 ;)

I am waiting to see what Ron is doing. He is just getting into Dualsport, and recovering from hip surgery. Since this seems to be a rehab ride he feels this would be a good ride to go on. We will truck it down as to not wear him out to much.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I'm in. ;)

You have a great bike for long rides. Meet in Carlsbad at 5;30 AM. Are you in. I

Its a nice ride from here to the Boarder. I did it last Tuesday in the rain,at 5:30 AM. to meet RO. and Baj434 to ride RSV.

I wouldnt leave my truck there!!!

Craig.

Ron feels he is up to riding down there. How many people in NCounty will be riding thier bikes down? How many driving? Maybe give my hood a wake up with an early morning rondezvous.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Ron feels he is up to riding down there. How many people in NCounty will be riding thier bikes down? How many driving? Maybe give my hood a wake up with an early morning rondezvous.

I am in on rideing from Carlsbad.

According to Microsoft Live Earth. It takes 25 minutes to get from Carlsbad to the Intersection of Clairmont Dr and Mission Bay Dr.

If others are meeting here that map will allow you to see exactly where we'll be. Dig Dug posted a great map of how to get to Thousand Trails for anybody meeting there.

For you lurkers walking the fence, this ride is open to all levels of rider experience. Otay Mt is a real fun scenic ride close to home. There are numerous bail outs along the way. If you don't want to go all the way to Corral Canyon the 94 will be just a stones throw away all the way out and will take you right back to San Diego if you've had enough.

Gas is available on Telegraph Canyon Rd and in Tecate. I think there is gas in the Lake Morena area.

(Somebody help me here)

Any other questions post here and we'll try to get them answered for you.

This looks like a great group gathering up. Can't wait to get out there. Be ready to ride Otay at 830 ride.gif

Jon