Vintage Veloce

Dec. Trips to Anza Borrego / Borrego Springs / Ocotillo Wells

My wife and I going to try and get to the desert as often as we can in the winter. We go during the week to avoid crowds. My wife enjoys the scenery and the village and I get a couple hours of riding in each day.

I've been riding alone (cautiously with gear and an inReach sat beacon), but I'd much rather have a riding buddy out there!

We go fairly deluxe and stay in the Borrego Springs Resort. I have a plated bike and ride right out from the hotel, it's great.

I'm an "advanced novice"or a "slow intermediate" in the dirt. I'm 52, with a ton of on-road experience, but relatively new to the dirt. I ride conservatively and don't do steep hills or jumps or the like, especially alone. I've taken Rich Oliver's Mystery School and Jimmy Lewis's school. A couple hours riding a day is typically it for me, I'm no ironman. I'm a "dirt touring" kind of rider. I use a GPS pretty well and often map a route out the day before and just follow the track the next day. Most of the time I ride on routes that a jeep could do. I ride a '13 KTM 350 EXC-F.

You: someone who can come out and ride during the week and has a plated bike. You are willing to ride with someone who is pretty conservative... or at least wait for him at the intersections. You can ride anything plated, even a big bike could go most of the routes I take, if you are a stronger rider than I.

If anyone wants to join me out there here are my currently planned dates:

Nov 30 - Dec 2nd

Dec 10 - 12

Dec 23 - 26 (Christmas!)

Carl

Tuesdays,I have been know to breakfast at Kendall's . East through the Sink, hit a Point or two then wrap around via Basin W. and Cut Across Trail. I will check back this weekend.

B

PS - I have threatened to bring the bike when we stay in town but,,,not yet.

Bagster, that roughly sounds like the routes I will do. I often ride out through the sink all the way accoss to the ranger station in Ocotillo Wells and then back, often hitting Rainbow, Hills of the Moon wash or one of the others. Or heading south down San Felipe or Buttes pass, etc. Inspiration wash is also a pretty cool ride. While Anza Borrego isn't "wide open" like Ocotillo, I think it's prettier. ;-)

Carl,

Sounds perfect. I'd join you except I work during the week. If you ever go on weekends, drop me a line.

Bill

My wife and I going to try and get to the desert as often as we can in the winter. We go during the week to avoid crowds. My wife enjoys the scenery and the village and I get a couple hours of riding in each day.

I've been riding alone (cautiously with gear and an inReach sat beacon), but I'd much rather have a riding buddy out there!

We go fairly deluxe and stay in the Borrego Springs Resort. I have a plated bike and ride right out from the hotel, it's great.

I'm an "advanced novice"or a "slow intermediate" in the dirt. I'm 52, with a ton of on-road experience, but relatively new to the dirt. I ride conservatively and don't do steep hills or jumps or the like, especially alone. I've taken Rich Oliver's Mystery School and Jimmy Lewis's school. A couple hours riding a day is typically it for me, I'm no ironman. I'm a "dirt touring" kind of rider. I use a GPS pretty well and often map a route out the day before and just follow the track the next day. Most of the time I ride on routes that a jeep could do. I ride a '13 KTM 350 EXC-F.

You: someone who can come out and ride during the week and has a plated bike. You are willing to ride with someone who is pretty conservative... or at least wait for him at the intersections. You can ride anything plated, even a big bike could go most of the routes I take, if you are a stronger rider than I.

If anyone wants to join me out there here are my currently planned dates:

Nov 30 - Dec 2nd

Dec 10 - 12

Dec 23 - 26 (Christmas!)

Carl

VintageV,

With the weather And family hanging around, It will be Thursday at the earliest for me this week.

Bagstr

Bagster, the weather deterred us as well. I'd love to see the desert in the rain... but this week wont work.

But we will be out there Dec 10 (next Wednesday) thru 12 (Friday).

Carl

this sounds fun after i get the liscence plate remounted on the 610.

we have some property out in bereggo we stay at maybe i could find a trail that goes up there ..

Does your wife ride?

What kinda bike does she use ?

just curios ..my gf uses my 350 or her ltz out there in dez

I will be out there on 12/24 with some friend for a day trip. Poway, Duddly's for Breakfast, Acua Caliente for a swim and Borego Springs for a srap metal tour and Lunch.I will ride the Bike and the family will take the ? (Bus).

My wife Lorraine rides a scooter, but nothing in the dirt or sand. She enjoys hiking and hanging out at camp. ;-)

We plan being out there around lunch time on Wednesday Dec 10. ;-). And will stay through Friday.

Carl

Im headed out there on fri night -sunday in berrego Let us know how the conditions are out there.