Goofy Footer

Sunday Nov 9 Big Bear - Yucca Valley

I'd like to ride the Big Bear area in the San Bernadino National Forest from Angeles Oaks to Pioneertown this Sunday. I checked online and didn't find any closures.

Street legal bikes, 100 mile range??, high elevation trails from 4,000 to almost 8,000 feet. Temps can vary especially due to elevation, pack a jacket just in case.

Terrain will mostly consist of jeep trails but there could be some rocky climbs and possible sand. Lunch in Pioneertown/Yucca Vallley.

I've never done this ride and will be exploring. Not looking to race, occassional pictures and sightseeing is fine by me. It would be fun to go with one or a couple of other guys but if not, I'll be riding solo. Estimated launch at 9am no clue on return 4-6 hours??

I would do this with u but already have plans for weekend in OW. Need more notice!!!!

Just did Angelus Oaks to Big Bear via Jeep trails last month, in a jeep that is.

Blake, that sounds like a good time. Staging from Angelus Oaks is nice because it saves drive time up the mountain and increases dirt miles!

I'll post with more notice next time, I'm up to head there or do extended day trips in other areas anytime.

I'm open to carpooling/splitting gas as well. I'd be leaving from Pacific Beach and could drive if you're along the way.

Dude.... In...

Where are we staging?

Dude.... In...

Where are we staging?

Ding Ding Ding!!! Sounds good man, it'll be good to ride with "AdelantoHodnett"

As for where to stage, we have some options: There is parking in Angelus Oaks just east of the town where I pick up the trail. You could also ride some fun mountain twisties over the hill. Hmm

I have other ideas for future rides too.

You guys should check in with johnnybags as i think he and kevin will b at the mountain house ? - also jason has all my tracks including pioneertown-im playing in band at church this week but have fun

Lurkers unite!!

0900 ksu @ Angelus Oaks...

Exploring Adventure Guaranteed...

Things to bring: Tools, tubes, water, emergency contact info... most importantly a sense of Adventure!

Now get off the keyboard and go prep your bike and gear...

See you there...

If anybody wants to carpool from SD shoot me a PM with your cell asap.

I spent a lot of time mapping and hand drawing some tracks. Pioneertown should be a cool pitstop. Lots of elevation change and mixed sceney.