Afry

3 day Baja lobster run Thanksgiving weekend

I never get MX insurance but YMMV. Bring small US bills works fine.

I don't use or find a need to use a credit card in MX on these trips.

Hi Guys! Boony the Brit here...just to say Really looking forward to the ride! but first all y'all have a GREAT Thanksgiving ..see you all on Friday !

Also thanks to Arnie for Arranging this.. And the Ride out to the WARPED. Weekend run.. It was a hoot

PAHANA..." We must find a way... Or make one" (Hannibal)

We will be meeting at the gas station on Hollister Rd and Hwy 5 @ 9:30 with kickstands up @ 10.

Just checking- this is the station east of the 5, Coronado Ave Exit? Corner of Hollister and Coronado?

West - 1102 Hollister Rd, when you exit from the North it is straight ahead.

If anyone wants gps tracks for this ride PM me your email address.

Ah- got it.

So- arrive at 10:10 and mess around with jetting, do a quick brake bleed, check tire pressures, set rear sag, then get going sometime thereafter?

Ah- got it.

So- arrive at 10:10 and mess around with jetting, do a quick brake bleed, check tire pressures, set rear sag, then get going sometime thereafter?

Ha! I know YOU will be on your bike with engine running @ 9:55 :)

Ha! I know YOU will be on your bike with engine running @ 9:55 :)

Doing circles in the parking lot....

leaving bay area now ......me and my buddy joe will catch up with all of you friday at puerto nuevo.

Should be a great ride !

Jim

510 697 6300

yes !

Thank you so much!

Now lets see if I downloaded it correctly and

can properly use my delorme uggg ...

did bring a a map too, just in case lol

Jim-

If you need to find/track us to meet up, you can use my SPOT tracker site www.whereisbowers.com

All,

Of course I waited until the last minute to find my passport and, yep, it expired in 4/14. Any problems getting back into the US with valid DL, expired passport, and a very surprised look on my face??

Edit: CINC Home found my birth certificate so I'm good

Joe and I had the most excellent of times getting to meet all of you !

Arnie thank you for being such a wonderful host and putting this altogether might have to drag you up to the Delta to do some fishing!

Glad I spent another night grab some lobster and grab the hotel which is a few blocks down from Fortuna Nuevo was beat up sand tends to do that to an old man like me!

sorry for being the slow one of the group!

looking forward to running with you guys another time hopefully New Year's maybe lol

At Mike's sky Rancho s bar I can't help but think I made a commitment to Meetup with Chris in Morocco?

Thanks tequila!?

Best

Jim

Joe and I had the most excellent of times getting to meet all of you !

Arnie thank you for being such a wonderful host and putting this altogether might have to drag you up to the Delta to do some fishing!

Glad I spent another night grab some lobster and grab the hotel which is a few blocks down from Fortuna Nuevo was beat up sand tends to do that to an old man like me!

sorry for being the slow one of the group!

looking forward to running with you guys another time hopefully New Year's maybe lol

At Mike's sky Rancho s bar I can't help but think I made a commitment to Meetup with Chris in Morocco?

Thanks tequila!?

Best

Jim

Great to meet and ride with you and Joe- as I recall when I left the bar, you were not going to Morocco, you were going to

MOROCCO!!!!!!!

Ride report to follow...came home to find out my daughter is in the hospital but improving hopefully released tomorrow and my mom has become a "runner" @ the assisted living home...Go mom! Not really...

Heys Guys! What a blast... Thanks to all for making it such a fun " two days in Mexico!" Reviewed go pro...lots of smiles.... May be some good stuff there... More to follow

So a huge thanks to Arnie for great organisation, (sorry to hear of the family issues...Trust all ok now?), TWG for helping me pick bike up..(.all excess weight will be PURGED! ) and everyone for a great team ride..was a fun group...and I learnt a LOT!

Morroco! Yes let's put that on the bucket list but trust me... You guys have the best riding here in North America, no question.

If you are in Europe.. Make sure to contact me..

Kris

After some dumpster diving..ok recycle blue bin snorkelling....the Rum is called CAPTAIN MORGAN Private Stock Premium Barrel...

Yaaaaargh! shiver me rowlocks and splice the main brace you scurvy dogs!

Saw Wayne at motoport and got the kevlar breeches to go over the boots, a radio pouch and a water carrier / kidney belt added to the gear.. Great service as usual...what radio system is advised guys?

Also fyi got a "POD X1" worlds smallest motorcycle " biker appoved" jumpstarter from the cycle store at montiel road san marcos...size if my 5s iphone in lifeproof box half price (80 Bucks) ...the clips are bigger than the battery!! With all the charging gizmos for iphones laptops etc.. But was mighty dissapointed no baja-tire-changing-ratchet-wotsit! [cw built in stop watch and mickey-taker]

Kris AKA Capt. Morgan Special reserve!

Great hanging!

Boys Im thinking of taken the small bike down dec 27 on thru jan 1 .... might need some gps track help ...thinking of heading to coyote cals again , maybe a little farther south the second day , any recommendations ? would love to do a long beach ride somewhere .

Best

Jim

Hey Jim, we are heading down about the same time you can join us, either way I have tracks for you. So far we are 2 SE's and a 990, different riders then last time and we will take the hard ways.

3 days between Xmas and New Years. No details yet but will let you know.