Maniac

San Jacinto / Anza ride Sunday Sept 28th

I think I will lead a ride based out of Anza this Sunday the 28th. Anza, the mountain town south of Idyllwild, NOT Anza Borrego desert. Depending on numbers and how hard people want to ride, we can have two loops, the A route and the B route. But most likely we will just have one group unless we get another person who is familiar with this area and can lead. Plan on lunch in Idyllwild or Mountain Center. Temps will be from the 60's to the 80's and there will be elevation changes. As always, be self sufficient. Street legal bikes only.

This ride will feature thomas mountain, indian mountain, and possibly red mountain and Hixon trail if people are Ok with some moderate singletrack. The ride could be up to 100 miles.

Meet : Mobil gas station in Anza, near Dairy Queen, 9:00, kickstands up 9:30.

Where are you in hemet? If I can get away for a few hours I may tag along just to see some new stuff.

Where are you in hemet? If I can get away for a few hours I may tag along just to see some new stuff.

oops, forgot to update my profile, I actually live in Idyllwild. I will probably truck to the meeting point.

Just an fyi Rouse Hill is closed due to the rains, not sure if the Thomas Mountain side is open...

oops, forgot to update my profile, I actually live in Idyllwild. I will probably truck to the meeting point.

Ian, just realized who you are. I met you at Starbucks in Temecula for your old 990 seat. :)

I also remembered that the suspension on my 565 is going to be at Bar10 this weekend so probably no small bike ride for me. I may buzz by there around 9 on my 990 and say howdy though.

Tim

Just an fyi Rouse Hill is closed due to the rains, not sure if the Thomas Mountain side is open...

i rode rouse hill s-n on saturday.

Hope you'll do this again soon...

Yes, in fact I hope to do a ride like this maybe 4 times a year or so. I also need to do a singletrack scouting ride in this area sometime soon. There are some trails I don't want to ride by myself.

i rode rouse hill s-n on saturday.

I tried to ride it N-S and the gate at the ranger station was closed. This was Saturday about noon.

I might be able to make this ride, have to double check. I'd be happy to lead a harder group, I know the area well...

Yup, I can make it, see you guys at 9 ish

Will anyone have comms on this ride? Don't want to lug the radio if I'll be the only one...

Will anyone have comms on this ride? Don't want to lug the radio if I'll be the only one...

I am currently sorting out some issues with my wiring so I won't be bringing mine.

So far it's just you, myself, and maybe Jonathan (Jonathan, you out there?).

I am currently sorting out some issues with my wiring so I won't be bringing mine.

Picking up my bike from the shop today. Need to do a shake down run before committing. Looks like fun ride and would enjoy doing it.

guess what I am saying is that I am a definite maybe and will confirm tomorrow.

Sounds good. I might have to bail out around noon, so I probably will not be having lunch...

All is well in KTM land. Would like to joint the group. So is this a difficult, technical ride? Fire roads? Some where in between?

It depends on the group we get, but nothing too technical since my bike is new and not armored up yet. Fireroads and maybe a moderate singletrack,

I think I will lead a ride based out of Anza this Sunday the 28th. Anza, the mountain town south of Idyllwild, NOT Anza Borrego desert. Depending on numbers and how hard people want to ride, we can have two loops, the A route and the B route. But most likely we will just have one group unless we get another person who is familiar with this area and can lead. Plan on lunch in Idyllwild or Mountain Center. Temps will be from the 60's to the 80's and there will be elevation changes. As always, be self sufficient. Street legal bikes only.

This ride will feature thomas mountain, indian mountain, and possibly red mountain and Hixon trail if people are Ok with some moderate singletrack. The ride could be up to 100 miles.

The Mobile station is on 371- right?

The Mobile station is on 371- right?

Yes, 371 next to dairy queen

hope you all had a fun ride... i had to work. thomas mountain is one of my favorite areas to ride. post up pics if you got any!

Thanks for leading a fun ride today Ian, it was good to see some new scenery! Nice meeting Randy and Drabnor too. I'd like to see more of the single track in the area whenever one of you guys that knows the area is ready.

Good to meet you guys. Sorry I had to bail so early. Saw a herd of dear on my way out. Let me know when you guys are ready for the harder stuff...

I would really like to tag along on the next ride. Looking for some new singletrack in the area. Would also like to find some in the Idyllwild area. Post up please....

Keith