Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Barbecue Get together

Since my post was ZAPPED, my profile ZAPPED, I will try again.I am having a BBQ at my place in the front yard. If you did not get the address just e-mail me for a update.It will be Sunday the 2nd of July 2006. I plan to start cooking around noon.I will cook some chicken, burgers and dogs with some condiments.I will have several cases of Coors lite and some sodas.If you would like to bring other dishes for the crew that would be great.The plan was to meet the riders. WoW EE(Dennis) offered to host the next BBQ and DJ this one. We can have a different rider every month host, that would be great!!

Hey Carguy. That sounds great. If you haven't read my post yet, I'm new to the site, and VERY new to the sport. I probably won't even have my bike till next May, but I'm starting my involvement in the sport now as I just can't wait!!!! Gonna be getting my learners permit next week, and taking a three hour beginners class in the next three or four weeks. So, is the BBQ open to an "extrememely new" newbie such as myself????

Aviationlover Posted on Jun 22 2006, 09:50 PM So, is the BBQ open to an "extrememely new" newbie such as myself????

You are welcome to meet some of the riders.I recommend the Basic Rider Course from Pacific Safety Council that is sponcered by CHP and will waive the driving portion of your DMV test upon completion. :unsure:

OK!THIS HAS BEEN TRIED BEFORE AND DID NOT HAPPEN.I have been told, "If you build it, they will come"As we make history,The San Diego Adventure Riders 1st Annual Barbecue starts Sunday, 2 July 2006 at 12:00 PM at carguy's(John's) house.Monthly/Annualy or whatever. We can build on this day.I have planned for 20 riders/family.I posted the menu, burgers, dogs, chicken.The count down begins.....................> :)

Carguy, I will be camping, but eventually I will meet you all. I know I won't be getting my bike till next May, but hope to meet and ride with you all before getting my bike if that somehow works out. If I have to wait till May it will drive me nuts :) Hope you all have a great BBQ. God Bless

As posted elsewhere, the Ride-Orange crew (modified) will be there with goodies... Thanks for hosting, carguy!

I got the burgers, bread, beer, dogs, chicken, Diet coke, Squirt, D.P & water and some condiments.Ready for Sunday! :)

Hey john,,starting to look like between the board crashing, and maybe the heat, there will only be a few of us..thinking about not bringing all my dj equipment,,due too about three hours of set up,, hook up,,tear down ,and pack up...or have alot of poeple P>M> you...

are there any members out there thinking they might try to make, but just not sure yet, so they dont want to commit and then end up being a no-show..do a post as a maybe ??? do it just to practice your typing skills..

let me help you all think about this............

hummm...A early morning bike ride (pic you own adventure) and meet at johns around noon.... WHY !!!,, free food,,,free beer,,free water,,free sodas,,and condiments only a nickle a squirt.!! , and i'll pitch in a 1000 watts plus of 'you call it' music... rock, metal, blues, country, hip hop, old school funk, jazz, 40's . 50's. disco.!!!

...and like if that aint enough.. john just put in a brand new hot tub..

Posted Image

Doesn't look like the crowd we had hoped.

Kaw'ee Posted on Jun 29 2006, 06:44 PM i'll pitch in a 1000 watts plus of 'you call it' music... rock, metal, blues, country, hip hop, old school funk, jazz, 40's . 50's. disco.!!!

Maybe we can use your talents at your BBQ and save the work for setup and tear down and transport, plus the tables and covers. We have tried!

No e-mails, no P.M's

Guys, we are trying>>>>>Join in!!!!

I am still cooking!!!!!

I know the sit has crashed, we can fix it.

Just re-register and post, it will help plan future events.

We will save the hot tub for later.

Did I mention Coors Lite??

Posted Image

Guys, even though I don't have my bike yet, and haven't even starting riding yet, I would sooooooooooo be there. My motivation for getting into dual sport is SKY HIGH!!!!!!!! I just don't have the finances quite yet to get into it. But I think all you have done, and all you have planed, is awesome, and just motivates me further to get into dual sport. I would really feel a bit out of place with no bike and no experience yet, but if I didn't allready have plans this weekend, I would SO be there. Beer and a homemade hot tub....what more could you ask for (okay, I could ask for the chance to ride, but I have to wait for a while for that LOL)Give me a heads up, even privately at aviationlover1@aol.com, on the next get together, and if a newbie who doesn't even have his bike yet is welcome, I will be there.

I gotta be at a wedding in Riverside this Saturday. If I make it back in time (could be out for the count on Sunday) I'll stop in. but no promises. Send me a pm w/ location and I'll see what I can do. Could be fun!

2wheels, although we all know I'm a long way from having my bike and I'm just beginning to get into dual sporting, your last post is EXACTLY one of the reasons I so want to be a part of this great sport. I really wish I could go see this place with ya. I am very much a lover of San Diego history, and this place you mentioned sounds like it may have a lot of history to it. If I could, I'd so be there with ya this morning :)

I was planning on a little pre BBQ ride with ride-orange. We are supposed to meet at the arco/am/pm in jamul at 8 am then ride out from there. We didn't really pick a destination yet. I may get a couple of buddies to join us but anyone else is also welcome. :)

I'm undecided about the early pre-bbq ride... The weather is just too hot!! I know you guys are meeting at ARCO in Jamul at 8:00 a.m. Don't wait for me, if I decide to go, I'll see you there....John, I sent you an e-mail asking you for directions.. Not sure you got it... can you give me directions. You can e-mail me at husky4mb.yahoo.com At what time are we meeting? Around 1 or 2 p.m.?? Is it o.key to take my wife Sofia? I guess it's all guys thing, right?? My relatives decided to leave tonight, so I'm confirming for tomorrow, as long I have directions... thanks for organizing this BBQ!! :)

Guys, Feel free to bring your Family's. I planned for at least 20 people, first come first served. If we run out we run out.See Ya Tomorrow.

QUOTE;..carguy.....Guys, Feel free to bring your Family's.

. First come first served. If we run out we run out.

Posted Image

.....Thats Great , my two sisters wanted to come...c/ya tomorow.....

They look hungry, I may need more food. :)

carguy-Thanks for hosting and providing tools to fix tree's bike! I must say, after all the crap you Jap bike guys gave us, that the stock clutch line is the only flaw of our "Kan't Touch Me" machines (other than "Kick 'Til Monday", but the button solves that problem).You throw one hellova BBQ!Stay tuned for next month's event to be held at the Ride-Orange Estates, on or about SUnday, 08/13! Hopefully we can get some more of our fellows to join us :D Kaw'ee-Thanks for leaving the twins at home! :) Tree-Thanks for providing the entertainment during our pre-BBQ ride :) , and a fun during-BBQ activity. Wrenching on the 2 wheelers is always a blast! :D2 Wheels-Thanks for the guided tour of In-Ko-Pah. Next time we'll conquor the trail up from Mountain Springs :P