Oracle

Balastic BJ Baldwin...insane new video...WOW

This is just amazing...I love watching this guy drive!

Saw that on FB this morning........bad ass......

What's the over/under in $$ on that truck.......~$100K?

Saw that on FB this morning........bad ass......

What's the over/under in $$ on that truck.......~$100K?

Oh man, you are way off. North of $500k

Knew BJ as a kid...he hung out around the shop I worked at in Vegas (Motorcycle Central). His dad is Bobby Baldwin who is/was Steve Wynn's right hand man. The kid was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and always had motorized toys.

The funny thing is, the guy who owned the shop in Vegas used to drive just like this on the city streets. (seriously) Well not as much air because of he wasn't in a trophy truck, but I swear Steve Abbott would have done all this stuff if he had the same wheels.

In fact, BJ once showed up at the store with his new Camero (think it was BJ's18th birthday present). Steve talked him into letting him drive it and went ripping through the neighborhood at 80+. The result was 6 police cars chasing him up into the shop. Steve went from being cuffed and leaning across the hood, to having the cops laughing and walking away, scott free. Saw it with my own eyes. God's truth...

Knew BJ as a kid...he hung out around the shop I worked at in Vegas (Motorcycle Central). His dad is Bobby Baldwin who is/was Steve Wynn's right hand man. The kid was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and always had motorized toys.

The funny thing is, the guy who owned the shop in Vegas used to drive just like this on the city streets. (seriously) Well not as much air because of he wasn't in a trophy truck, but I swear Steve Abbott would have done all this stuff if he had the same wheels.

In fact, BJ once showed up at the store with his new Camero (think it was BJ's18th birthday present). Steve talked him into letting him drive it and went ripping through the neighborhood at 80+. The result was 6 police cars chasing him up into the shop. Steve went from being cuffed and leaning across the hood, to having the cops laughing and walking away, scott free. Saw it with my own eyes. God's truth...

Thanks for the first hand background. I know a bit about BJ based on what I've read over the years and have always admired him as a driver, but not necessarily as a person.

Thanks for the first hand background. I know a bit about BJ based on what I've read over the years and have always admired him as a driver, but not necessarily as a person.

Yeaaaahhh, its been a long time since then but not surprised someone would make statement like this. Anything in particular that makes you say this?

Just things I've read over the years. Comparisons of him to Robby Gordon and Jeff Gordon, both of which have reputations for being pretty conceded and egotistical. And I've seen him drive with little concern for others around him, including my group of friends, while out in Glamis a couple years ago.

Oh man, you are way off. North of $500k

The newest, latest greatest TTs are approacing a Mil! Seriously.. Crazyiness!

When Andy Mac was racing (I pitted for them and Ickler/Sourapas), i got to go for a ride in his TT (Robby Gs old one) during prerunnning.

Was to this day one of the coolest motorsports experiences i have EVER had!

I still have a love for the C1 cars though!

I REALLY hope BJ kicks some butt in Dakar this year.. Last year was really odd...

I liked his old paint scheme better.. :)

post-142-0-57968500-1411051089.jpg

Yeaaaahhh, its been a long time since then but not surprised someone would make statement like this. Anything in particular that makes you say this?

Did you see his confrontation in Dakar last year? :)

HIs nickname "Ballistic" is for a reason, hehehehe

Everyone has their moments, but they blew it way out of proportion and made him look like a bad evil american! :(

Kevin, here's a pic of my Potter Production dual sport. Obviously far from a Class 1 car but still fun as hell and Baja capable. I did get a chance a few years ago to ride shotgun in Penhall's Class 1 out in Havasu...which is enough to humble the average man!

post-15155-0-24716800-1411054808_thumb.j

Kevin, here's a pic of my Potter Production dual sport. Obviously far from a Class 1 car but still fun as hell and Baja capable. I did get a chance a few years ago to ride shotgun in Penhall's Class 1 out in Havasu...which is enough to humble the average man!

Awesome! Those are a blast!

Great lookin' rig! :smile_anim: What motor are you running? :huh:

Great lookin' rig! :smile_anim: What motor are you running? :huh:

Thanks! I'm running a 450HP LS1.