Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

S-2 Exploration

Captcham, SDrider, myself and Grantzilla? made it over the mountains throught the rain and 37d temps to beautiful Carrizo Valley. I arrived Saturday about 11:30 to find Captcham and his wife set up in camp at Vallecito County Park. I trailered the 990 and given the weather we did not expect sdrider since he was riding the KLR from PB. Twenty minutes later we hear his motor searching the camp! What a tough guy.

Captcham suggested Canyon Sin Nombre and Vallecito Creek return.

Now I can add greasy clay to my concerns in addition to sand washes as I learn to drag the big 990 buffalo of a bike through the dez. I know, drop the air pressure and gas it. But man, that was one slick pig of a wash. Although, the guys on 400-600 class bikes that blew past us seemed to be enjoying themselves. "We're going to do the Diablo Drop. You want to go along?" Well, not today thanks, I'm still a whimp out here!

I had to bail early, but I hope the rest of the day went well for Captcham and sdrider. Did you stay warm overnight? Grantzilla called Sunday AM to see who might be roaming around out there. Did you all connect?

Thanks for the fun, Dave

I have ridden in the gooey adobe of the desert, before. Not only is it slick, but it sticks to your bike like glue and adds another 100 pounds or so to the machines overall weight! Then if you don't get it removed quickly, it hardens to the consistency of cement :):blink::):)

The mud can be quite corrosive also, depending on where it came from. :blink: Ken

I did make it out Canyon Sin Nombre Sunday and many of the other trails out there. Never was able to hook up with anyone else. Pretty tricky in the sand in Sin Nombre with a Strom and trailwings on.

Would like to do some long touring on hardpack sometime in the future, let me know if you guys are up for it. TNTMOTO's Otay TT is an awesome ride and provides lots of hardpack and twisties. It's perfect for the big bikes (any dual sport really).

G

:blink: Well we did survive the freezing cold by sitting close to the fire and sipping the bottle sdrider brought. We rode Sun. and found some fun trails not so muddy. Look forward to hitting the trails when it dries a bit.

post-2007-1196741158_thumb.jpg