boat440

Palomar Trail-Hemet-Hixon Trail-12/01

Any interest in riding on 12/01?

Covering 2 national Forests/Mountain Ranges:

Start on route 79 and ride the Palomar Divide and the Crosley Truck Trail thru the Cleveland National Forest along the ridge line. Drop into Temecula-Hemet Valley and ride near Vail Lake and Lake Skinner. Have lunch/gas in Hemet then off to Hixon Trail. Ride the San Bernadino Forest to Anza for gas. Complete the loop thru the fringe of the Anza-Borrego Desert park back to the start point.

Total of ~105 miles, ~20% road with the rest dirt. This is a novice ride with only the Hixon Trail section advanced. Will try to reduce the road miles. Start at 8:00AM on route 79.

Rain should stop, but will be wet. Good traction, no dust.

Will set-up a meeting place if interested.

Any takers? Steve...

I have been thinking about this one for long time...I have done all of it, but not as one loop...Ussualy, I ride on Saturdays, but this weekend I can go only on Sunday...Great plan, have fun.

papa.

PS:Could be still raining Saturday AM. ;)

post-901-1196460220_thumb.jpgI'd love to join and break in the new (8hrs) '07 KTM 450EXC but, with twin 18 month olds, I could probably only do a half day on Sunday if I'm lucky.

post-901-1196460220_thumb.jpgI'd love to join and break in the new (8hrs) '07 KTM 450EXC but, with twin 18 month olds, I could probably only do a half day on Sunday if I'm lucky.

GO FAST.

I have been thinking about this one for long time...I have done all of it, but not as one loop...Ussualy, I ride on Saturdays, but this weekend I can go only on Sunday...Great plan, have fun.

papa.

PS:Could be still raining Saturday AM. ;)

sounds like a good ride buy.... I get to babysit the boys at work Sat. wish I wasn't though Darn work gets in the way of fun everytime Hoping to spend the 15th and 16th at the Superstitions anyone going riding instead of shopping?

Too bad this ride didn't appear to get off the ground, Sounded like fun. Guess I'll grab up a little dirt bike and head for McCain today, since I have to work tomorrow while everybody is checking out the trials event.

Too bad this ride didn't appear to get off the ground, Sounded like fun. Guess I'll grab up a little dirt bike and head for McCain today, since I have to work tomorrow while everybody is checking out the trials event.

Well another ride to look forward to. The weather was maybe a factor.

Instead I went riding with Craig "Hammerin Hammond". We did his hero loop. It's technical and beat me up pretty good but it's good practice. You learn to enjoy/appreciate the smooth easy trails when they come about.

I'll give a write up later today, but had fun and Craig was a good ride lead.

Jr36,

Boy that sounds terrible, your 450EXC just having 8 hours on it. I know how hard it can be to get time off when you have a family.

Tell you what, I’ve been thinking about it and decided I can sacrifice and help you out. My daughter is grown and I have a decent life insurance policy to take care of my wife.

It will be hard to do, but I am willing to take that 450 of yours on this trail and break it in for you. I mean this club is about helping each other out and I willing to do my part.

So just pm your address, leave your garage unlocked with the keys in the ignition and I’ll do the rest. What do you say, am I a pal or what? :D:)<_< Roger

jr- has your KTM even been upside down yet? MAN, it HAS to do that soon.

Roger- I haven't met you, so should probably apologize right now...

Thanks for the generous break in offers--what a kind group. I do want to get the '07 dirty but I've been riding my '05 EXC for rough rides not requiring a plate. I hope to keep both bikes so can I put some supermoto wheels on my '07 for some fun when I can't get out for all day dual sport rides.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thanks for the generous break in offers--what a kind group. I do want to get the '07 dirty but I've been riding my '05 EXC for rough rides not requiring a plate. I hope to keep both bikes so can I put some supermoto wheels on my '07 for some fun when I can't get out for all day dual sport rides.

I love Hixon trail. Its a great place to"BREAK" your bike in!!!!I would like to re ride the Dualies ride, wich includes Hixon trail. The duallies ride starts in Bowmont, and was a blast

I still have my roll chart. I think we could get the GPS tracks from Crawdad. The ride is about 160 miles and I loved it.

Craig.

post-2226-1196832423_thumb.jpgpost-2226-1196832583_thumb.jpg can I join in bike has less than 1 hour of break in time on it

Dont ya just love new toyz? :rolleyes:

post-2226-1196832423_thumb.jpgpost-2226-1196832583_thumb.jpg can I join in bike has less than 1 hour of break in time on it

Hey Ozzy, I'll give you the same offer I gave Jr36. :lol::drinks: I mean if you do if for one you do it for all. Right? Heck I might even be able to show you the neat upside down bike trick. Not just anyone can do that you know. I don't even think that Bikesult :good: has been able to do it yet. :D

By the way...NICE bike! :rolleyes:

I love Hixon trail. Its a great place to"BREAK" your bike in!!!!I would like to re ride the Dualies ride, wich includes Hixon trail. The duallies ride starts in Bowmont, and was a blast

I still have my roll chart. I think we could get the GPS tracks from Crawdad. The ride is about 160 miles and I loved it.

Craig.

I do have the tracks from the Dualies ride but the the tracks from the Warner Springs to Idyllwild loop I rode with Dutch Oven and Riceless950 back in Oct. are more detailed and cover the "fun" portions of the Dualies loop (with the exception of Allesandro because we turned back towards Anza/Reed Valley Rd./Wilson Valley Rd. rather than dropping back down Allesandro to Baustista Rd.).

So you may want to consider loading one or two of the tracks from that loop if you head over towards Hixon/Thomas Mtn Rd.......or even Idyllwild.......the difference between the Dualies ride and the ride we took is that we rode up Hixon with the option of going down Allesandro.......on the Dualies ride the roll chart takes you up Allesandro and down Hixon.......the Dualies ride also bypassed the Hixon loop once on top and that's a really fun little trail........I think the generally perferred approach is to go up Hixon and down Allesandro.......the steps in Allesandro are easier to tackle going down.....likewise, on the Dualies loop you go down a short single track/short cut off Thomas Mtn Rd........on my tracks you go up the same single track.....and my tracks take the single track just outside of Idyllwild in the opposite direction from the Dualies loop.......so it's like riding a whole new trail......

I attached the tracks again as a .txt file........save it as a .gdb file and you'll be in business....

Garmin 60's hold 20 tracks so you oughta be able to load whatever Boat has planned, PLUS a few of these tracks, when you get ready to roll.....

Warner_Springs_Loop.txt

Craig.

I attached the tracks again as a .txt file........save it as a .gdb file and you'll be in business....

Garmin 60's hold 20 tracks so you oughta be able to load whatever Boat has planned, PLUS a few of these tracks, when you get ready to roll.....

Crawdaddy,

Thanks for the advise on Hixon. A lot of the tracks are the same and will combine. I'm starting further north(at Sunshine Summit Cafe) on the Palomar truck trail to avoid pavement using the Halfway Truck Trail. Also my route is shorter thru Hemet and Anza.

We will have to ride this together, Boat440(Steve)...

We will have to ride this together, Boat440(Steve)...

Agreed - I haven't ridden Palomar Truck Trail or the Half Way Trail......that I can remember? :lol::lol:B)

Please post your tracks as a .txt file once you folks complete the loop.....

Hey Ozzy, I'll give you the same offer I gave Jr36. :D:lol: I mean if you do if for one you do it for all. Right? Heck I might even be able to show you the neat upside down bike trick. Not just anyone can do that you know. I don't even think that Bikesult B) has been able to do it yet. :D

By the way...NICE bike! :lol:

you need to get in line bikeslut said something about teabagging my bike first

Hey Ozzy, I'll give you the same offer I gave Jr36. :D:lol: I mean if you do if for one you do it for all. Right? Heck I might even be able to show you the neat upside down bike trick. Not just anyone can do that you know. I don't even think that Bikesult B) has been able to do it yet. :D

By the way...NICE bike! :lol:

Actually, my bike was upside down, very similar to yours... I just gave myself a heat stroke getting it out before the shutter bugs came out