Guest Hammerin Hammon

Ride with Hammer on my 44th. birthday 12-09-07

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Last years ride was a great succes This one is longer and harder, with many new added trails. Its a non stop adventure, with one hard trail after another.This ride makes all other, SDAR. rides look like the BUNNY SLOPE. (qote) Honda Pilot. Because of the dificulty of this ride, I have to keep the group small. So Chime in and LETS ROCK. I mean, climb rocks.

Craig.

post-465-1195438737_thumb.jpg

post-465-1195438805_thumb.jpg

post-465-1195438855_thumb.jpg

post-465-1195439232_thumb.jpg

post-465-1195439295_thumb.jpg

I would love to go, but the DRZ will be gone by then and my new bike won't be here yet. Bad timing for me but I will make the next one. Last time I did those trails I drank 3L of water in 2 hours. Quite the work out. :ph34r: Ken

Last years ride was a great succes This one is longer and harder, with many new added trails. Its a non stop adventure, with one hard trail after another.This ride makes all other, SDAR. rides look like the BUNNY SLOPE. (qote) Honda Pilot. Because of the dificulty of this ride, I have to keep the group small. So Chime in and LETS ROCK. I mean, climb rocks.

Craig.

Wow I did not know there were places so close with that much intimidation? Sounds like fun. Or maybe I should reserve comment until after the ride.

Craig is a new rear tire needed?

Let me check with the wife on availability. What time would we start and end and where do we meet?

I'll be up in Big Bear over Thanksgiving scouting if I could put together another Hero's Ride. Many areas are still closed due to the fires.

Steve...

Those are the pictures of the hard parts, I am assuming? :)

sounds like fun!

I think you spelled most of the words correctly on that rock, BTW. :)

where do I sign up?

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I would like to give it a go but I've got a contest at McCain Valley the next day. How long is the loop (assuming I finish it)?

About 25 miles, not realy hard . The faster you go the harder the trails are. And even more fun when you dont have to stop!!!! :)

I'm going to be at the same McCain Valley trials event on Dec 2 so will have to pass.

Riceless950, I ride out at the spot Hammer is talking about almost every weekend and know it quite well.

I ride either my GG or the Husky out there. Lots of fun loops, some of which could be challanging on a bigger bike like a KLR-650. If you're riding a trials bike obviously the level of difficulty goes down somewhat :)

Look for me on the 2nd. I'll be riding an '07 GG 300 and wearing a red Husky shirt. This is my first trials event so I'll be in either the Novice or Sportsman class. We can hook up just about any weekend and ride the North County area. I don't know about miles, but I usually put in two to four hours.

I was out a McCain Valley on Sunday and got to meet a few of the guys and see some of the sections. Looks like it will be a lot of fun and very cool to watch the top level guys work the course. :)

Craig.

Rode this area with Daryl, Dig Dug, and another friend some time ago......FUN and close by.....but I'll have to pass.....I want to go see Daryl and Brent at the Trials Competition.....though it woud be fun to see Brent tool around on those trails on his 950......after our Idyllwild ride I have no reason to believe he couldn't pull it off :):)

I'm in, this sounds like fun. Meet up time/place? I'm not the fastest guy in the world but I probably won't hold you back too much.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I will change the date so you all can make it.

What date works for everyone.

I done all of your rides. come do mine. :D

Riceless shouldnt have a problem, I rida a BRP. :) 2 up on these trails.

I will ride these trails at a slow pace, so you all can come.

post-465-1195604214_thumb.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

how do u get in on this ride if u want 2 do it? new to the sdar club?

Wait till we set a good date and time for everyone. Then chime in, and show up.

how do u get in on this ride if u want 2 do it? new to the sdar club?

welcome...

when a ride is "finalized", it'll appear in the informal rides section... good idea to announce you're going, so at least any last minute changes may get conveyed to you, or they may wait a few minutes if you are running late

By my count we have six. That's a "small group". I was on the fence untill Crawdaddy's post put me over the edge. If he thinks I'll have fun...I'll probably have fun. But I wish he would join us. I do need some more info so I can plan out how to do both the loop and the trial. I'm from out of the area. Email me????

Guest Hammerin Hammon

By my count we have six. That's a "small group". I was on the fence untill Crawdaddy's post put me over the edge. If he thinks I'll have fun...I'll probably have fun. But I wish he would join us. I do need some more info so I can plan out how to do both the loop and the trial. I'm from out of the area. Email me????

I am going to ride SLOW so everyone can go. I am waiting for when Dig Dug,Crawdad,Bike-Slut,Darly H,RIDE ORANGE,Metal Twister, Joliet dont have an excuse why they cant make it. :)

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MR.HAMMER. :D:D

post-465-1195622124_thumb.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I had the experience of riding as a passenger on this trail ride, and the adrenaline it gives you is almost as intense as being on the Deja VU Roller Coaster at Magic Mountain, if you have never been on that roller coaster, you have to try it, it keeps the butterflies in your stomach moving. :):D By the way, my husband is one crazy and adventurous guy. Mrs. Hammerin Hammon.

Riceless shouldnt have a problem, I rida a BRP. ;) 2 up on these trails.

I am going to ride SLOW so everyone can go. I am waiting for when Dig Dug,Crawdad,Bike-Slut,Darly H,RIDE ORANGE,Metal Twister, Joliet dont have an excuse why they cant make it. :blink:

MR.HAMMER. :lol::lol:

I still haven't seen a final date... I work saturdays, and I will be in Lark Canyon Sunday the 2nd. When the dates and times are finalized, I will respond.

The ride sounds bi-polar at this point... "fast" , "gnarly", "technical", "rocky"and so tough "it'll make all other SDAR rides look like bunny slopes"

and

"I ride this trail 2 up on my BRP", "slow", etc.

I'm not sure what to expect... a hammer ride or a soft blo ride... either way, post specifics, and I'll see what is going on.

I'm up for it on just about any other weekend than Dec 2.

There are a number of different trails and some bypasses for some of the difficult sections so we can find a way for everyone to have fun.

If Craig picks a time when I can come then I can lead folks around alternate paths if need be. Plus with six or more it's best to break it up into a couple smaller groups to keep down the dust.

I'll probably ride the trials bike, so that will keep the pace down.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I'm up for it on just about any other weekend than Dec 2.

There are a number of different trails and some bypasses for some of the difficult sections so we can find a way for everyone to have fun.

If Craig picks a time when I can come then I can lead folks around alternate paths if need be. Plus with six or more it's best to break it up into a couple smaller groups to keep down the dust.

I'll probably ride the trials bike, so that will keep the pace down.

You need to leave the trials bike at home. I am not going to ride that slow!!!! This is a folow the leader ride. Dont worry about dust. :blink::lol:

Some people ride this loop on super moto bikes.

I wanted to take you guys on my loop, dont worry. (YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!)

]I am going to ride SLOW so everyone can go. I am waiting for when Dig Dug,Crawdad,Bike-Slut,Darly H,RIDE ORANGE,Metal Twister, Joliet dont have an excuse why they cant make it. :lol:

MR.HAMMER. :lol:;)

You may not want to wait for DigDug, it might be a little while!! :D Actually, my doctor has me off the crutches, out of the ortho-boot now and said another 2-3 months before I can get back on the bike. (I honestly don't think I'll make it that long - I might have to do some pavement before then, but I'll definitely have to take it easy on the rough dirt. Don't tell anyone! :blink: )