Looks Sweet, but.... http://www.ccm-motorcycles.com/_includes/docs/Motorcycle-News-Review.pdf

That screen and rear rack are keepers. I have not idea why the US doesn't get that application. Unfortunately the tech sheet tells the story. 141kg / 310lbs. They don't give us the fuel tank capacity, but looks slim. What are the service intervals on this Adventure Bike? 8000 pounds = $13,485 No wonder the Continent complains about prices!!

Your sweet Adventure Bike is already on sale in the US. Unfortunately the 690R is ignored by the Offroad Community. 310lbs / 60hp / 3 gal tank. The wind screen is the missing link. Oh, did I mention the 3k service interval?

Obvious Man :cowboy:B)

fiy

motor is the gs450/husky 449/511 BMW designed KYMCO built motor (CCM may have another contracted engine builder) with less or more differences in minor trimmings (like cable clutch vice hyd clutch for example).

ps CCM= Clews Competition Motorcycles (built some fierce BSAs back in the day)

I was close to pulling the trigger on a BMW 450x at one point but the service intervals/available parts were a deal breaker for me and ended up with a KTM 450. Unless they address that issue with this CCM it doesn't make much sense to have a motor that has an hour meter on service for an adventure bike.

@Bags- I agree that the 690 is an overlooked solid base for an ADV bike. I really like my X-Challenge but I'm def flying solo on that lame duck.

ZipTy racing lead engineer has been in crazy R&D on the 449/511 engine as a do all powerplant after it was dropped as a racing platform from the oem. He has mega hours in devel on this engine and all sorts of performance and bullet proofing mods. You can build a monster from this powerplant.

The new (kinda) 690r is selling like hot cakes now. It finally caught on and with the 990 and Husky 630 gone I bet they stay that way.