Bagstr

116 Links - 12.7 mm

While changing out to a new chain, I added two links ( because you cannot add one ) and a front chain-wheel.

With the 13 / 50 cogs, this moves the axle all the way back in the slot. At 114 links the axle was close to center in the slot.

My estimation is .5 inch / 12.7 mm. Two links are about 50 mm / 2 inches.

The Point

The longer wheel-base felt as if it did have an impact on handling; slowed the steering somewhat. The 350 has been known to Tuck and Slide on me, so this was a confidence builder.

:exclamation:

P.S - Gearing Commander was of no help in deciding how long to cut the chain.

13 50, 116 links, chain block set mid long position equals great handling. It's like that Geico commercial "everybody knows that"

Bags; I'm with you... sometimes the longer wheelbase makes a bike more stable... sometimes, you (I) want a shorter wheelbase for lifting the front tire, and sharpening the steering.

Some are slow learners. :shiftyeyes_anim: It took me 62 years.

Not just the longer (slightly) wheelbase but the added suspension leverage and how the weight transfers into and off of the front end. Most of my crew find that to go as far back as practical smooths out the works noticibly. On my ex TE310 (now Chris' bike) I always had the axle mid slot, I decided to play with setting and installed a new chain that gave me almost all the way back in the slot, @3/4-1" back from mid. the bike got so much smooth on seated acceleration and especially in transition from on gas into trailing throttle, trailing brake corner set up, it is so much less twitchy (good for Chris) coming into corners.

remember that swingarm is a long lever arm, adding or subtracting just a little length has quite a bit of effect on torque forces into the shock as well the travel distances/lengths. It seems that PDS set ups are even more sensitive to these slight changes, I guess due the direct link from lever arm into the shock. Thats my tuppence.(2cents from the peanut gallery). go long or go....home?

ps 15 mins can save you as much as 15%..........................