Am I getting the story straight? Truck # 303 pushed them off the cliff by accident, but stayed around to help them out right? Sounds like a ruff ride, glad everyone is OK. I am going to have to give you a big thumbs up for the welding, sounds like it held together fine. Ken

I think there was some confusion there Ken. This morning Kevin stated that the 303 truck was dead in the water, and was ass ended by Kevins truck putting it over the edge. The 303 guys were there already.

I think there was some confusion there Ken. This morning Kevin stated that the 303 truck was dead in the water, and was ass ended by Kevins truck putting it over the edge. The 303 guys were there already.

:ph34r: It's not the first time I have been confused today, and sadly enough it probably won't be the last either. But at least it is time for a cold one :( . Ken

...the driver @ the time of the crash was Brett Garland and the co-driver was Mike Shortt. Both were ok and conscious @ the time, were sharp enough to immediately turn off the fuel pump and batteries and get the hell out. They exited via the hole that used to house a windshield and climbed up the 700+ft hill to truck # 303.

I've been blessed to have met a very small number of heros in my lifetime. The ones who are the most special are those that you would never spot in everyday life. The are humble, unassuming, and would gladly give you the clothes off their back in exchange for nothing... at all...

Robert (Dirtrider 86) certainly falls into this category. Congratulations Robert on effectively saving the lives of these two racers. The great news is that God obviously has a plan for you, and I'm convinced that these will not be the last lives you save during your time here.

Great job!!! :ph34r:

What REALLY happened is that i got out of the truck @ RM207 +/- and another driver got in

@ Around RM225 or so, truck # 303 was broken down and pulled off the side of the track, our guy was going a little too fast, clipped the front of #303's bumper and it launched our truck down the cliff.

Our truck contacting #303 sent #303 into a very gnarly predicamint and it almost rolled with us, luckily there was a bush in the way and it stopped it

Thats the real story! :)

Regardless what happened, both Robert and Bob helped us build an AMAZING cage that saved 2 lives, they should be very proud of that!