Spaugh

wednesday ride away from fire zone

The boss says don't come to work until Thursday and I'm getting tired and depressed from watching the news all day. So if I can find a partner I'm going to head out on I8 east until I get out past the tecate divide\cleavland national forest and go ride. I'm thinking southern tip of anza borrego\desert tower area, or even drop down into the desert and ride around ocatillo area.

Any one want to join me tomorrow morning?

619-990-0843

brad

Yowie! It's kinda late to post your ride. I have tomorrow off, but have errands in the morning. I agree though. I am depressed and tired with all the terrible goings on. I know I am alot luckier than many people who have lost their homes or have been displaced or injured in all this, so I can of course count my blessings in that way, but still I feel like I need to get away too. I might do something in the afternoon.

Yowie! It's kinda late to post your ride. I have tomorrow off, but have errands in the morning. I agree though. I am depressed and tired with all the terrible goings on. I know I am alot luckier than many people who have lost their homes or have been displaced or injured in all this, so I can of course count my blessings in that way, but still I feel like I need to get away too. I might do something in the afternoon.

Hi Dirt Dame, Sorry for the late notice, I just got the word that work won't start until Thursday last night. I am open to when and where, but sooner than later is better since I have to get back to reality tomorrow. Post up with a time that works for you or call me and let me know since I may not be online too often checking. All I need is a partner at this point and I'm off :blink:

brad

I was hoping to go up again today at 3.

Joe, where is up? I might want to go with you.

Sorry i went up to get overview of fires, then my back started to hurt so i come home.

I can go Friday if you want.

Sorry i went up to get overview of fires, then my back started to hurt so i come home.

I can go Friday if you want.

I'll be working tomorrow, but will prabably be going out Saturday if you want to join me. Prabably stay on all dirt. My bike is not the greatest for long stretches of pavement.

I'll be working tomorrow, but will prabably be going out Saturday if you want to join me. Prabably stay on all dirt. My bike is not the greatest for long stretches of pavement.

I'll be around Saturday if you want to ride. I thought this area in Anza Borrego was interesting (I went to the area with the red dots).

Zina

post-1009-1193371120_thumb.jpg

I'll be around Saturday if you want to ride. I thought this area in Anza Borrego was interesting (I went to the area with the red dots).

Zina

hey Zina, where are you guys gonna go ride\park your truck? I just put on a new MT16 and don't really wanna trash it on the pavement but would be down to cruise the park.

canyon sin nombre to fish creek is fun in a truck, never been in ABDSP on my bike. There are pretty much endless possibilities in the park though. Another cool spot near ocatillo wells is called "the slot" it goes through cool canyons then a long steep drop then 5 miles or so of high speed trail.

Let me know, I need riding partners for this weekend. It will be my birthday ride!

brad

hey Zina, where are you guys gonna go ride\park your truck? I just put on a new MT16 and don't really wanna trash it on the pavement but would be down to cruise the park.

canyon sin nombre to fish creek is fun in a truck, never been in ABDSP on my bike. There are pretty much endless possibilities in the park though. Another cool spot near ocatillo wells is called "the slot" it goes through cool canyons then a long steep drop then 5 miles or so of high speed trail.

Let me know, I need riding partners for this weekend. It will be my birthday ride!

Clayton's going to be in Vegas this weekend doing things that should "stay in Vegas" :( so it'll just be me. If you're not carting anybody in your truck we could double-up and go find something. I didn't make it up to the Fish Creek area -- just got as far as the Mud Caves, which were pretty cool. I've got the Dunlop 606s so I'd also like to stay on dirt as much as possible (or completely).

Anybody else who wants to ride should join us. It'll sort of be my birthday-ish ride too (one day early)!

Zina

Clayton's going to be in Vegas this weekend doing things that should "stay in Vegas" :angry: so it'll just be me. If you're not carting anybody in your truck we could double-up and go find something. I didn't make it up to the Fish Creek area -- just got as far as the Mud Caves, which were pretty cool. I've got the Dunlop 606s so I'd also like to stay on dirt as much as possible (or completely).

Anybody else who wants to ride should join us. It'll sort of be my birthday-ish ride too (one day early)!

Zina

your birthday is on the 28th too? Happy Bday!!! Scorpios kick ass. :( I'll call you sometime today, I think your number is on the inkopah post and we can setup a time and place then post up here.

We are going to meet out at Inkopah at the BLM board again at 10AM ready to ride at 10:15 if anyone wants to join. We are going to hit the rest of the trails on the north side that head north east into the southern tip of AB and then maybe drop down to ocatillo and explore. There are some technical spots (old stage coach roads on cliffs) that I want to check out and sand\silt in the desert so knobbies are highly recommended. A plated bike will be necessary to drop down the 8 into the dez and enter the park.

I'm remembering my camera this time, dagnabbit.

Zina

I just bought this GPS thingy that I'm gonna edumacate myself on tonight and save tracks so I'm not hitting dead ends next time I'm out this way like I was last ride.

I'm remembering my camera this time, dagnabbit.

Zina

I just bought this GPS thingy that I'm gonna edumacate myself on tonight and save tracks so I'm not hitting dead ends next time I'm out this way like I was last ride.

I will be there 10 saturday..

Have fun, you Birthday Birds! I am kind of out of it for tomorrow, with some chores and also suspension work on one bike. I have Sunday and Monday off as well, and will get some riding in somewhere, sometime this weekend :D

We had a long day of investigating a variety of trails. Brad and I loaded up the truck in the dark while Joe rode home. We got what we asked for: an adventurous ride for our birthday (technically today). Many thanks to Brad and Joe for helping me with my AnemicPigBike when needed.

Photos from the ride:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16862090@N06/...57602767025219/

Zina

We had a long day of investigating a variety of trails. Brad and I loaded up the truck in the dark while Joe rode home. We got what we asked for: an adventurous ride for our birthday (technically today). Many thanks to Brad and Joe for helping me with my AnemicPigBike when needed.

Photos from the ride:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16862090@N06/...57602767025219/

Zina

maybe you can put this link in the write up area. I made a post a little bit ago. Happy BDAY.

Excellent Pictures!

And

Happy Birhtday!

Spyder