Goofy Footer

Truck MPG - Whatcha Gettin?

1998 F150 with 4.6 V8 and 330,000 miles on the clock. I average 14-17 all over with heavy foot.

2WD with stick shift.

Some others numbers are hard to believe. When someone computes gas mileage they must top off their gas tanks to the max with each fill up to get accurate numbers.

(Hijack)

All this talk about trucks got me looking again so I perused the Chevrolet and GMC sites. Lo and behold they're bringing the Canyon and Colorado a 2.8L diesel powerplant for 2016. The stats/pricing are not yet available, but I suspect that it's going to be a modern version of the popular Isuzu powerplant used in the P'up series (A scaled down Duramax). Those were fairly bulletproof motors in their day. The best thing about it being that as you build power in a diesel you increase fuel efficiency. Banks does this with the perpetually improved Banks Sidewinder truck. They also do kits for gas vehicles. The majority of their work seems to be towards motorhomes and tow vehicles. Both options might be worth looking into further...

(Hijack over)

Bump! I want to see more pics of your rigs!

I'm seriously considering picking up that F250 light duty. I researched and discovered that I can swap Expedition or Navigator seats to replace the stock bench in the single cab (adding some recline-ability and increased comfort). The 8ft bed would be very roomy to sleep in and once I get a big hitch installed, I could use a double joe hauler. But... I kind of like Vans too! It's hard to argue against vans as camp vehicles but they're physically larger than trucks and the seating position is different (I preferred the truck vs the van I test drove).

Please post some more pics if you have them! Any pictures of them at camp, hauling or even parked would be great!