SocalCPA

Rottweiler KTM 990 mods

I was looking to make some changes to my 2007 990 adventure and came across some really ingenious products made in SoCal. Added around 10 hp with the Rottweiler intake system, and recently did an overnight with the luggage system and it works like a charm. Have plans to get a Rottweiler exhaust soon from Chris Parker at CPR fabrications (.com) and really get my bike screaming :)/>

Here is a link to the write up,and pictures on ADVrider:

My link

Just got the snap-out bracket yesterday. Still waiting on his exhaust. Then on to the intake.

Good looking stuff. I haven't checked out his web site yet. I'll need to see if some of this works on the 950 SE.

CiD

I will prolly do this mod, if just for the Dog House tool storage area...the air filter is just a bonus.

The oil drain hose is the 2nd item I'll be installing.

I appreciate the photos and the write-up.

Good looking stuff. I haven't checked out his web site yet. I'll need to see if some of this works on the 950 SE.

CiD

There is another option for the air filter

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870579#

I am considering for the se so you dont have to pull the tank to clean it.

CiD

There is another option for the air filter

http://advrider.com/...d.php?t=870579#

I am considering for the se so you dont have to pull the tank to clean it.

That looks good, too. The SportingWood package including plate, filter, grommets, crankcase breather tube, etc. is $199+shipping. Add the SAS Plates for $18 and the Over-Sock Filter for $58.

What does the Rottweiler kit go for? Comparable?

That looks good, too. The SportingWood package including plate, filter, grommets, crankcase breather tube, etc. is $199+shipping. Add the SAS Plates for $18 and the Over-Sock Filter for $58.

The Rottweiler kit (which is the original) is more- about 30%, I think. But better filter media, I think.

Keep in mind the downside to these air filter setups is water crossings.

DEEP water crossings.

Actually, the intake on the 990 is higher than the exc. So yes, that's the compromise. That and ease of changing media.

DEEP water crossings.

Actually, the intake on the 990 is higher than the exc. So yes, that's the compromise. That and ease of changing media.

I guess it also depends on entry speed....

950SEsub.jpg

I worry that the bottom side of the air box is removed and water can be forced up from the bottom maybe even in a long sustained rain ride Atleast the Adv model has bodywork but on the SE....IMAG0580_zps475b54c7.jpg

The Rottweiler kit (which is the original) is more- about 30%, I think. But better filter media, I think.

The sporting wood stuff is not the same filter materials/density. My only objection to his products is that he has copied what Christian has done, and is soon to offer a "snap out" and "dog house" knock off. With the 1190 coming along, the intakes will require a different design which should put a cramp in his ability to copy.

I have spent some time in OC with Chris and he is a great guy.

Just got the snap-out bracket yesterday. Still waiting on his exhaust. Then on to the intake.

Let me know if you need assistance. I can't wait for an exhaust!

1389242441[/url]' post='165268']

The Rottweiler kit (which is the original) is more- about 30%, I think.

The sporting wood stuff is not the same filter materials/density. My only objection to his products is that he has copied what Christian has done, and is soon to offer a "snap out" and "dog house" knock off. With the 1190 coming along, the intakes will require a different design which should put a cramp in his ability to copy.

As far as the air filter setup goes Christian hasn't done anything new, it is copied from automotive racing setups. Competition is good, I can't speak for the filter material but I think the Sportingwood base plate appears to be a better design.

As far the the other items it is a bummer to create, design and produce a product that cost wise isn't worth the money to patent just to have some one copy it.

1389242441[/url]' post='165268']

The Rottweiler kit (which is the original) is more- about 30%, I think.

As far as the air filter setup goes Christian hasn't done anything new, it is copied from automotive racing setups. Competition is good, I can't speak for the filter material but I think the Sportingwood base plate appears to be a better design.

As far the the other items it is a bummer to create, design and produce a product that cost wise isn't worth the money to patent just to have some one copy it.

Whatever, is this instance it is pretty evident. I don't think modifying a concept from auto racing, or other types of bikes is "copying." Isn't everything? Funny that he has been at the adventure expos with CJ Designs, Black Dog, Touratech, etc., and they haven't copied his stuff, just this guy.

But thank you for taking my post on a tangent.