humptythumty

Help Save the Mission Trails Single Track

Even though Mission Trails isn’t open to motorcycles a lot of you may Mountain Bike, hike or run in the park. a large amount of the good single track has been closed or is in the process of being closed down.

This Saturday there is a mass protest ride to hopefully draw media attention to the situation and encourage the City and other agencies to work on a plan to keep the current single track open or allow new single track to be built to replace trails that need to be closed. The more people who show up the better the chance of making a difference.

If you care you'll be there!

Flier for the Mass Meet up:

https://sites.google.com/site/missingtrails/attend-the-mass-meet-up

Press release on what is going on with Mission TrailsTrail Closures Press Release.pdf

Me and briana will go. We are tired of the trail closures too. We moved to be next to mission trails and they have closed 3 of the 4 hiking trails in our neighborhood since we moved here. Those trails were one of the main reasons we bought a house here. I voiced my opinion to the head ranger and he said come to the meetings. Then they never had a meeting in about 2 years!!! All 3 of the trails had been there for decades and were on the official mission trails map and had proper signage and water bars etc. These were not bootleg china trails. Now they are closing the mountain bike trails. WTF?

I forwarded the link to Julie and her friends. I've been sick all week so I won't be there but she might.

there are some stickers for the meet up, featuring 650hucker... I have to work, but somebody should grab some

Jon, Thanks for forwarding the post. Hope you get to feeling better.

Ken, we'll keep an eye out for you. Bring a bunch of your Meet Up friends. Remember Hikers and runner are welcome too.

Brad, If we can't find you we'll send a text to where we're at.

RacerBill, It would be nice to meet you. Zina and I are parking at Mast also. I have a blue Santa Cruz TallBoy and she has a black Santa Cruz TallBoy. If you think you spot us say hi.

Hope some other SDAR members can make it.

Wayne

I'm gonna park at the mast trailhead and ride over at about 9 o'clock and stick around until the riot starts.

Mountain bikers are lovers not fighter. Here is to a Polite, peaceful, and safe event.

Fox News, and 10 News have confirmed they will be there.

Sully Sullivan on the Sully show, KOGO 600 Will bring up the San Diego Trail Closure topic Friday at 4:00pm.

Call in.

http://www.kogo.com/pages/sully.html

Ken, we'll keep an eye out for you. Bring a bunch of your Meet Up friends. Remember Hikers and runner are welcome too.

RacerBill, It would be nice to meet you. Zina and I are parking at Mast also. I have a blue Santa Cruz TallBoy and she has a black Santa Cruz TallBoy. If you think you spot us say hi.

Wayne

I will look for you. I ride a yellow Tallboy and my wife will be on a new TranceX29er

Wayne

I will look for you. I ride a yellow Tallboy and my wife will be on a new TranceX29er

I will try to park at Mast also but it might be crowded-- not many choices. I will come early and look for all of you.

Very good turnout. I rode with Wayne and Zina. Did not see others --a lot of people :king:

i-F3BwMcR-L.jpg

Great turnout today for this protest, by one account 500 mountain bikers showed up. I am going to ride Mount Laguna tomorrow at 9:30. Probably go 15 miles or so at old guy speed everyone is welcome. We will be starting at the kiosk at mile marker 4.5.

It was fun riding with you Ken. Had a picture to post of the Mass meet up but couldn't get it to upload. The Kug really is every where.