paulmbowers

Free top-quality skid plates

I have a client for whom I need to photograph skid plates installed on these bikes:

Suzuki DL650 V-strom '04 to 2011

Suzuki DL650 V-strom 2012+

Suzuki DRZ 400 all years.

Bikes must be in reasonably good condition, close to stock in equipment, and clean when arriving at my studio/garage in central San Diego. You must be willing to install the skidplate yourself (I have tons of tools)- I cannot accept responsibility for bad installations. Your visit to the studio should be an hour or so, depending on your mechanical ability. Photography will be during daylight hours, and I'll try to be flexible with scheduling. I can give you details about the builder if you respond with the bike. But you'll want the skid plate- I have one for my big bike and I love it. Thanks! p

I'll offer my bike but I don't need an extra skid plate. I'd put either my current one or this one in the free karma thread.

My bike has the engine case guards which are very common/nearly mandatory on DRZs.

Edit: Leo, I was thinking of your DRZ which needs a skid plate! I smack it fairly often - you'll be glad you have one!

Yea I need one for sure.

It definitely would help out a ton since I've been pretty much broke

My bike has case savers and a full fmf exhaust and front fender off an SM drz

Is that not stock enough?

The close-to-stock requirement is to demonstrate how the skid plate fits in a stock configuration, exhaust system probably makes no difference, and I don't know what case-savers are.

But the bikes need to be CLEAN- tires, wheels, spokes, etc. If they have some scratches on the motor- no big deal, I can fix in post.

Here is the existing image- I need to improve it, but most of the improvement comes from lighting.

20120626_4258.JPG

Also need a DR for a tooltube and mount- here's the existing image on which I will improve:

20110409_1534.JPG

Ahh ok the bike should be good for ya then. Case savers are just plates siliconed on to sides of the case.

Perfect, I'll get back to you for scheduling. I'm anticipating a couple of weeks.

Now- how about those Stroms- anyone know anyone?

Also need a DR for a tooltube and mount- here's the existing image on which I will improve:

20110409_1534.JPG

I like the tool tube idea! Tell your friend he has a customer already.

Ahh ok the bike should be good for ya then. Case savers are just plates siliconed on to sides of the case.

Perfect, I'll get back to you for scheduling. I'm anticipating a couple of weeks.

Now- how about those Stroms- anyone know anyone?

PB - Crawdaddy has a relatively new V-Strom...

I know it.

Waiting….hoping….

I know it.

Waiting….hoping….

So do I ... same year/color/etc. Mine has a skid plate that I can remove. The only other mods are nowhere near the skid plate mount, so should not interfere with skid plate pix. (Mods are a taller windscreen, seat concepts seat, a Vista-Cruise throttle lock, 12V hardwire and GPS hardwire, Suzuki brush/hand guards and a tail bag.)

When do you need to do this? Temecula is not THAT far from SD ...

When do you need to do this? Temecula is not THAT far from SD ...

I suspect it will be a couple weeks. I have to shoot all the studio stuff first.