Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crusty

As Good As It Gets" Honda CRF 450" in Morocco

Guest Crusty

http://www.teamhrc.com/team-hrc/news/?race_event_report=2731&str=Rally:%20Round%200%20-%20News%20-%20Morocco%20-%2017/10/2013

Fourth Win for the Honda CRF450 RALLY in the OiLibya Morocco Rally

It's as good a start as it gets for the Honda CRF450 with four wins out of four stages of the OiLibya Morocco Rally. The second half of the OiLibya Morocco Rally was a long and arduous stage, but one of great satisfaction for Team HRC. The move from Zagora to Erfoud brought a fine victory for the team with Paulo Gonçalves winning his second day as well as taking the overall leadership, bringing the Honda CRF450 RALLY tally to four straight wins. In addition Hélder Rodrigues made a return to front with a third place on the day.

Paulo Gonçalves stated that he was very pleased with his performance in the rally, not just for having got through a long and tricky course, but also for getting back on top of the overall leaderboard. The day turned out to be one of heavy navigation, in which the Portuguese rider set off at a great pace in persuit of his main championship rival, crossing the Erfoud finishing line in victorious fashion.

Likewise, his fellow Portuguese TEAM HRC rider Hélder Rodrigues had a smile back on his face after having getting over a couple of eventful days. Hélder took the third fastest time in the special. British rider Sam Sunderland also did well in the special finishing in fifth place after starting out in third.

Joan Barreda started the day well, but lost all the advantage that he had built up over the other riders trying to find a hidden waypoint. In the end the Spanish rider came in seventh place. Argentinian Javier Pizzolito was struck by a similar fate, falling while in search of an obligatory passing point and digging a stone in his right leg. Even so, he was still able to take eighth spot, but will not start tomorrow because the medical staff give not him the permission for safety reason.

1 - Paulo Goncalves - 11:13’00 - PRT - HONDA - TEAM HRC

2 - Joan Barreda - +02’10 - ESP - HONDA - TEAM HRC

3 - Marc Coma - +02’40 - ESP - KTM - KTM Red Bull Rally Factory

4 - Chaleco López - +12’28 - CHI - KTM - KTM Red Bull Rally Factory

5 - Sam Sunderland - +14’35 - ENG - HONDA - TEAM HRC

6 - Javier Pizzolito - +30’51 - ARG - HONDA - TEAM HRC

7 - Olivier Pain - +47’08 - FRA - YAMAHA - Yamaha Racing

8 - Ben Graham - +49’58 - AUS - KTM - KTM AUS Rally Factory

9 - Alessandro Botturi - +50’17 - ITA - SPEEDBRAIN - Team Speedbrain

10 - Frans Verhoeven - +01:06’18 - HOL - YAMAHA - Yamaha Netherlands Verhoeven

Older, Interesting news from American Honda about the real availablility of one of these, I'm very curious about the cost of one these. (only for curiousity). Anyone guess.....me Id say between 35-50k, Craig? What you think? What you hear?

http://motorcycles.about.com/b/2012/10/09/you-can-buy-this-dakar-ready-honda-crf450-rally-bike.htm

I hope this local Baja rally thing is the beginning of new thing in the N America racing scene. Another Nevada rally???

Guest Crusty

Interesting news from American Honda about the real availablility of one of these, I'm very curious about the cost of one these. (only for curiousity). Anyone guess.....me Id say between 35-50k, Craig? What you think?

http://motorcycles.a...-rally-bike.htm

I hope this local Baja rally thing is the beginning of new thing in the N America racing scene. Another Nevada rally???

I was thinking around 14K.when they release them, at the dealers.

I hope I can get one before the Desert Dash.Dakar.jpg

Can't wait to ask for a bigger roll chart "Randy"

No stopping for gas,

That would be a fun bike to own...in all black plastics of course.

I was thinking about the real deal full factory replica ready for FIM world rally championship $$.

PS No press release but going into this rally which on the FIM schedule appears to be the last of 2013 Speedy G was only 3 points behind Coma, if all is the way I see it Goncalves and HRC team are the 2013 FIM world rally champ!? Im sure HRC would be all over the press had they bagged the 2013 championship, but they sure are in the hunt, not a big red fan like Crusty but glad to see another strong brand in the mix and the machine is very good looking to boot. And flip flop that to our local Baja races as well with KTM in the mix.

http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/cross-country-rallies/events/

You guys think that puppy would be "plateable" for dual sport stuff?

Guest Crusty

I got this Email a week ago, with a pics of the bike. I hope to know more soon.

You really need this for Xmas.

Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 4:32 PM

Subject: Honda Rally bikes - Scott's stabilizers

Great pics, but when I tried to add them I was not allowed on this site

Guest Crusty

You guys think that puppy would be "plateable" for dual sport stuff?

Team HRC. is racing it with a plate holder.drinks.gif

Guest Crusty

That would be a fun bike to own...in all black plastics of course.

I could see you on one,

Prolly has a USB Port.

Didn't take Honda long to get it right.

I'd say the race bikes are $100k.

Max Biaggi said his CRF 450 supermoto was about 70K. It was hella faster than our stock bikes.

Ride Red!