Sign in to follow this  
Wintyfresh

Picked up a CCR Sport Bed Buddy

Y4O8OvVl.jpg

This reinforces the bed of the truck and provides three chocks to hold the front tires, as well as providing three more tie-down spots (although I used my stake pocket rings for the outer straps). Definitely an improvement over trying to fit the tie downs over/through the other bike's wheel. I also picked up the third bike extension which offsets the middle bike so the handlebars don't hit, but won't use that until I get a third bike or someone needs theirs transported.

That, Reminds me to put a SDAR sticker on my truck window!

Those Rails work well. dirol.gif

Ok you guys how much each and how do they attach ?

$120 for the bed buddy. It attaches with three bolts through the bed of the truck and nylocks. The washers it comes with are dinky, I went ahead and used some 1.5" fender washers instead. Some people use a metal plate along the back to reinforce it but for my needs it didn't seem necessary.

I know what you mean, different brand but same. Good tie down points and wheel chock.

DSCN5377.jpg

This one is a High Roller and cost is right around $100[url="DSCN5377.jpg"]High Roller[/url] it has these cool lock nuts on the back with a long finger welded to it. You can bend the finger so you can hold the nut to get it started on the bolt, then when started the finger bends under the lip of the bed and keeps the nut from turning when you tighten. I like mine and have had it on for about 4 years now.

Thanks .

The last time I hauled bikes in the truck one came lose :huh:

Stopped and tighten , the next day find out tire had gone flat, so bike came lose.