Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Tecate Hare Scrambles 7DEC2013

Have not done it in years. Used to do it when it was all day and half the folks used to drop out.

When it is wet it truly is epic.

In and looking forward to it, 40B I think unless I can get in a lot of training and it rains then may go ironman.

Not to be missed if you like riding fun single track, classes for everyone.

PS 2 hour turns into more like 3 by the time normal humans finish.

Suspenders, Ive only missed 1 LAMC race since the nineties, 2 nineties era enduros (houred out of both) DNF rate was like you said dang near 50%. Dai, vindication........I man!!! (wait for sign up this time) Sign 40B if its moist jump onto the AM parade.

Hope to see at least a few SDAR in the line up------SV good candidate for I- man class AM and PM races I man class start front row for both races @ 4+ hr of solid trail riding.Pasta, B&B hope to see y'all and others that would enjoy the challenge.

thanks for posting robert. I'm interested for sure. we will try and make it out there.

Good news, it's a great local race. Highly recommended, lots of top tier pro talent every year to watch.

PS I'm all ready signed........gotta force my own hand!! (PM race 50A)

Entered and been bumped to 40+A so no even vague thoughts of a trophy this year, but less issues of bottlenecks in front, I'll be the bottleneck for those behind so will try and stay with Roberto when he passes me for a bit at least :) Maybe ironman sound more interesting now.

Bump for planning. 7 dec 2013. South down the compadre road from RSV.

daijones im thinking about doing ironman. been riding long days lately and feeling great.

Brad, you could do it I man, Just gotta go smooth and easy for the AM (easier short loop) race to conserve energy for the PM segment.

And of course drink/eat/fuel well before, during, and in between the 2 segments. And never give up, just keep moving forward!

Bonus is that you start up front and avoid most bottle necks. Added bonus is getting in alot of miles for your money on great trails and sharing them with great riders.

I hope Dai goes I Man again, he needs a re-do from the last one.

And you'll come away with mega bench racing stories!

May see local rider Noah Kepple who took second place in last year's under 30.

May see local rider Noah Kepple who took second place in last year's under 30.

He (and Dad) Better be there!!! Noah rails.

This one with the current weather outlook appears to be heading into being one of the best versions in the last few years. I'm stoked!! (and pulling out my roll offs and foul weather gear as well)

first viddy!! mostly AM race,, good bottle neck shot...from our PM race., (I made the vid it min 7:35!)

more helmet cam from a 50B rider on a CRF230, 5th 50B, 1 lap