Sign in to follow this  
FuzzyNugs

Motorcycles + Wine = Doffo Vinyard

Just wanted to share this great find with the forum. My mom was just in town visiting from VA, so I figured I'd take her up to Temecula to see the wine country since she likes wines. With over 40 vineyards it was hard to pick, but I stumbled upon one with the description of a vintage motorcycle collection and knew I had to see it. I lucked out as they only show the bikes Thursdays and Sundays from 10-noon and I got there just at noon. Fortunately the owner's son let me into the Moto-Barrel room to see the majority of the collection even though it was in disarray from recent bottling. He said they not only collect, but also race vintage bikes.

Here are a few pics of what you might find at the Doffo Vineyard. Could make for a fun day trip to head out through Anza and up to Temecula, taste some wine, drool over bikes, and then head home.

Grapes just a week or two away from harvest

P5LHCjA.jpg

Massive ageing barrel I presume(I don't know much about wine)

4swkkjV.jpg

Inside the tasting room

NFgCAYD.jpg

Ferrari made a razor scooter?

h9XlDrs.jpg

I have no clue what this was, but it was tiny and looked fun

7uidZ7S.jpg

The owner(absent during the visit) obviously loves motorcycles

GrKZH3A.jpg

Stuck my camera through the door of their workshop

MsaB60E.jpg

I knew Benelli made things before their famous shotguns, but motorcycles?

wkeSX26.jpg

I wasn't aware Bridgestone had a bike either

EzrQuLf.jpg

This is a Harley I could see myself on

rxr9sj0.jpg

The awesome Moto-Barrel room, too bad I don't know my bike history to really appreciate what I was seeing

pwzIvcX.jpg

A reminder from when smoking was cool

wPQmXXi.jpg

Lot's of neat old stuff in excellent condition, those American Pickers nerds would drown in their own drool

T9aiIuT.jpg

And if it wasn't obvious already, the owner seems to be a Ducati fan.

Check it out sometime. Would make a good backcountry street ride too with a lady friend or wife.

Very cool! I don't drink wine but the boss does

Nice pix. Nice collection. I actually rode one of those Bridgestone 100s a long time ago. For all I know, it could have been that exact one! :rolleyes:

The pics are awesome! thanks for posting.

Tell your mom Hi :bye:/> (I'm from VA too)

Did you meet the owner? He's quite a character. I went up there a couple of years ago with a Yamaha FJR group that I belong to,

the owner gave us a tour and talked about some of the bikes. He then pulled out one of his old looking Ducatis and went riding with us.

Don't know how old it was but it looked and sounded old.

Great little winery that any motorcycle enthusiast would enjoy.

Doffo1.jpg

Doffo2.jpg

Did not get to meet the owner and it would have been nice to hear something about the bikes. As I stated earlier, my motorcycle knowledge is sparse but any idiot can tell when something is old and rare. That's what this place is. Also SnowAviation, my Chrome browser came up with a malware notice when I clicked the link. Are your pictures hosted on a private website? May want to check it for anything malicious.