Sign in to follow this  
daijones

Local 2 stroke pipe repair

I have now 3 KTM 2 stroke exhaust pipes that are somewhat cracked, dented and twisted but all repairable so was wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere in SD area that can fix them up at a reasonable price, not in any big rush?

Thanks.

I was looking for someone to repair my pipe in San Diego also to no avail.

Got me to thinking it might be time to do some learning.

Talked to a guy that builds pipes and he uses a gas welder.

So I think it would be more accurate to put a schrader valve on one end of the pipe and plug the other and heat the area that you want to expand with 10 or 15lbs of air pressure inside the pipe. I don't think freezing is that accurate from my experience.

It would be easier to find someone that already has the experience in San Diego.

If they are bent from dropping the bike on its side, you can get a 3ft breaker bar and heat the bent spot with a torch and have a helper use the breaker bar to bend the pipe back. briana and I do them fairly often. we both bend them from dropping often.

Mark at M&M in El Cajon has been fixing pipes for me for the last 10 years, oh yeah they're KTM two-stroke pipes.

Mark at M&M in El Cajon has been fixing pipes for me for the last 10 years, oh yeah they're KTM two-stroke pipes.

Thanks Bill, I'll give them a try instead of sending the pipes off to pacific crest which does sound like a great place.

Thanks Bill, I'll give them a try instead of sending the pipes off to pacific crest which does sound like a great place.

Take a before and after photo, let use know how it goes. It would be great to have a local place.

Ya, our last interaction was unpleasant unfortunately.

Always had good interaction previously.

Probably just a bad day.