Sign in to follow this  
danrider

Going Solo Was OK

I had to get out! I have been laid up for two months because of foot surgery, I missed a ride with Desert Fox and crew because of the foot thing. So I left my home on a thursday and went north. I stayed the first night in Morro Bay, then went past Santa Cruz about 45 miles and went up into the redwoods for a couple of nights. The HWY 1 was a blast because I had no fog at all as you can see in some of the pics. It was a fun filled four days on the GSA, that bike is a dream on long trips and handles just fine on the fire roads, got into a small bit of mud and that bike is a handful . I am going to make some more trips on this bike to get ready for my Alaska trip with the Dan Diego. Most of my trip was black top with about 5% easy dirt, and going solo was just fine because I needed to detox from being cooped up. It was also good to check out how the bike rides with a load and use my camp gear.

I went to college in Santa Cruz - Hwy 1 in the area is epic! I'm glad you had a fun ride.

Very nice. Roughed out plan, nobodies schedule but yours, outstanding. Glad the foot's healed up enough to get out.