Crawdaddy

Riding at Bass Lake this weekend - Are you "in"?

I'm leaving Poway Thursday at noon and heading up to Bass Lake (Oakhurst - gateway to Yosemite). I have a carpool/riding partner lined up but he may have to bail at the last minute so I'm looking for a backup(s) to fill his spot if he does bail......intermediate skill set......PM me if you're game

It's about a 7 hour haul to get up there so we'll arrive late Thursday night....I know a few folks that live in the area......I'm renting a friend's house with Mike (Hoss) and a few of his buddies......The Seat Concepts boys (Lendon/Robert/Tony) are also staying locally and riding with us......we'll probably have a group of ~6-8 riders and may split up to keep things moving......100+ mile days of awesomeness Friday & Sat......may also ride up to Shuteye Peak Sunday morning before we leave to head back.....arrive back in San Diego Sunday night

If you've never been riding up in that area you owe it to yourself to get up there at some point......I've been going up there at least once annually for a dozen or so years......here's a link to a trip report from my annual trek north last summer:

Teaser video that CID shot a couple of years ago when he went up with me and Hobiee:

I would like to take the spot or if there is room go as a 3ed guy let me know

Don

No one came forward earlier so I made solo plans......I have my truck loaded with my dirt bike AND my street bike.......I'm riding dirt at Bass Lake for 2 days then heading off north on my road bike for 2 days.....reloading/driving home late Monday.....at this point I'm locked into the solo plan since the road bike destination is a visit to my mother......I've put it out there now.......can't back away or my mother will be pissed :girl_devil::heh:

I'll be sure to ping you on the next trip......

You boys have a good ride up there at the lake. I hope the fish are biting.

Would have liked to join in the frivolity, but.....Here is hoping next year will allow a calm space

for this trip.

Chris, that SV may be just as much fun up there in the mountains as the XC, no wait, not quite.

Scout out an easy trail for me, Bagstr

P1020287_1000w-L.jpg

Not Bass Lk, Greenhorn