PastaPilot

More Kern County Adventures

The regular crew (Don and I) are taking the long July 4th weekend in the mountains. Julie will be joining us for the trip and on most of the rides.

She more than likely will be running into town to join a mt bike shuttle run to sample the most excellent cycling in the area and to get a break from us motoheads. Not sure which day she'll do that yet.

I am planning to drive up Wed after work and stay until Sunday afternoon. Rides of all types but we stalk singletrack more than anything else.

There is traditionally a fireworks show on the 4th.

I'll probably be up for this. Fingers crossed that the campsite will be open this time.

I can't believe you are braking tradition from the 4th of July party and Carguys Birthday. You are going to miss all this.

See post.

I can't believe you are braking tradition from the 4th of July party and Carguys Birthday. You are going to miss all this.

See post.

Yes I know and it did weigh in on my decision. But you have to pick your battles and Julie said she'd prefer to leave town for the weekend and I agreed. I've been off the bikes for almost three months so I'm grasping the opprtunity for an extended weekend mototrip.

This still on? I'm definitely in. Need to get some video of those awesome trails. Would be nice if Camp Yenis Hante is actually open this time.

Just emailed Kern Co. Parks & Rec to see if the site will be open. Will let you know if they provide any info.

Packed my van today. Plans are to leave SD around noon Wednesday. I've got a few stops to make in LA that afternoon but hope to be at Greenhorn Park by 7PM.

I've got to call Don again, but we're in for sure.

I am ready or will be . taking Wednesday to prep an go .

Found the noise in my new motor

skid pan was loose

talk to you all later

Don

can't help it need some visual

post-13333-053857300 1372652308_thumb.jp

Jon....if my 640 was ready I'd be joining u.

What year is it? I swear I heard you say that in 2010. :lol:

My work schedule changed for Wed. We'll be leaving a bit later. Hopefully be at Greenhorn Park by 8PM likely 9 with holiday traffic.

Well, damn. I'm on the flight schedule for Friday afternoon, so I'm out as far as making the trip up there goes. I'll be trying to salvage my weekend with a local ride. You guys have fun.

My work schedule changed for Wed. We'll be leaving a bit later. Hopefully be at Greenhorn Park by 8PM likely 9 with holiday traffic.

You guys have a great weekend, wish I could make it but family events on the 5th and 6th keep me home. Please give me a heads up on the next one and i'll repay with a tour of the the trails near my house when summers over. If anyones up for another ride up there let me know, i'm off work from 7/8 to 7/14.

glenn

Well, damn. I'm on the flight schedule for Friday afternoon, so I'm out as far as making the trip up there goes. I'll be trying to salvage my weekend with a local ride. You guys have fun.

Steve

you don't have to make it a long weekend come on up Friday night you will still get 2 days in

Don

Steve

you don't have to make it a long weekend come on up Friday night you will still get 2 days in

Don

Yup what he said :thumbsup_anim:

Great time again. Rode all day with Julie. Never saw another rider. Temps ranged from 92 to 74 degrees on the trails.

Great time again. Rode all day with Julie. Never saw another rider. Temps ranged from 92 to 74 degrees on the trails.

Where are you guys camping?

Greenhorn Mt Park.

Opened up yesterday.

The water problems started with somebody opening a valve on the tank and draining 9' overnight. A water truck hooked up and stole 1000 gallons and then they found CALTRANS filling a street sweeper.

They closed it up for 3 weeks to fill the tank, but it's filling at a rate that is normal for Oct. Two dry years has taken its toll. If the spring runs dry they'll have to close again.

Finally got finished. Was going to try and do the drive to salvage the weekend, but I'm beat. You guys enjoy.