X-country-Rider

Seen any piggies?

I hate feral pigs, but love pork. Count me in.

X-Country, Next time you plan a ride and shoot let me know.

Fresh pork belly.... yummy

I was out scouting tonight and found more pig sign and evidence the pig area I've been hunting is much larger that i originally thought. Good news but shows a much broader range. This is one of those areas you can get to on a bike with a little liberty taken. Excellent riding as well!!

The 25,000 acres was never purchased...I dont totally understand but something like homesteading and land grants??? He is not allowed to sell any of it but can give back to gvmt. He has lots of winery going. The family has had the land for 3 generations.

He has a old van with the top cut off and seating for 8 and gun holders everywhere.

Here is a local Harley Motorcycle shop owner in Solana Beach with a kill just recently

Ken

Kenny_zps00c2b60f.jpg

Is this hunt a commercial hunt were its will cost money to hunt the property?

I hate feral pigs, but love pork. Count me in.

X-Country, Next time you plan a ride and shoot let me know.

Fresh pork belly.... yummy

Do you have a hunting licence and a pig tag? This area i scouted tonight has lots of pig sign an is some killer riding as well.

Guy at work is avid hunter....but uses ONLY bow.

He makes his own bows and is trying arrowheads too.

Thanks guys i found this spot while out riding last May and hunted it until June when it got to hot and my wife was getting pissed out with my new obsession. I went back on Monday to check it out. The rain last week sort of zeroized the tracks which made it easy to see what was new. Lots of little baby prints so they are really breeding. In fact my son walked into the bush into a sow and her piglets and they all scattered. A light AR 16in carbine can fit in a pack and its all that is needed to hunt these guys (just make sure it has a gun lock when transporting it). That said a 6.8 SPC or 6.5mm Grendel in the AR platform is better than the standard 223/5.56 AR that is usually seen on the local gun shops. If your interested when riding the back county look under the oaks so see if the ground is tilled up. Thats a great sign that pigs are in the area. We opened up the stomach on this one and it was stuffed full of acorns. So look for areas with scrub oaks it does not need to be full oak trees but that helps. Beware though its a dangerous hobby once started you'll want to keep hunting these guys and your wife might get pissed off at you as well :)

Nice. I have my pig tag and a 300 win mag that I've been wanting to get out. I've heard people say they've seen some around Lake Moreno. I had planed on going to when it cools down a bit. Heard late afternoon is the best time for hunting/glassing.

Nice. I have my pig tag and a 300 win mag that I've been wanting to get out. I've heard people say they've seen some around Lake Moreno. I had planed on going to when it cools down a bit. Heard late afternoon is the best time for hunting/glassing.

The pigs are all over the place doing so google earth searches will reveal lots of potential spots. South county has a ton of options. Water source and oaks and hard to get to equals pigs. They are well beyond the old maps of Boulder Creek road. What started as 35 pigs in 2006 is now in the thousands. From here on out the population is going to more than double every year. We as conservationists have to do something it and it helps that they are tasty:) I'm all for getting together and scouting new areas but i don't want to give up my spot.