Josh

Thursday May 16th Morning Ride! 8-12:30ish

Whats up guys?!?! Finally back, not working a million hours + my bike & arm are ready to ride! lol

Thinking of meeting by the 15 HWY in Esco/San Marcos where we've been riding in the past few months.... Down to ride and meet else where if someone knows other trails. I have work at 3pm Thursday so I'd like to be done riding by 1:30ish...

---Meet up around 8am and ride till early afternoon.

Who's down??! Comment below and we can finalize things! :D

~ Josh

post-15145-010083200 1368274604_thumb.jp

What a coincidence, I was just thinking of sending you a message to see if you were up for a ride. I'm down unless my schedule changes.

What a coincidence, I was just thinking of sending you a message to see if you were up for a ride. I'm down unless my schedule changes.

Awesome! If you & Charlie can make it Thursday Morning, I'm still down to meet at 8am if that works for both of you guys!

15 is a long freeway esco/san marcos narrows it a bit. Do you have a spot ?

15 is a long freeway esco/san marcos narrows it a bit. Do you have a spot ?

PM sent

"Who's Down?" Not the best choice of words.

I prefer, Who's Up, and riding smoothly. unsure.gif

Way too much down riding around this site.

Hey Charlie, what type of terrain? Anything challenging for me on this route worth taking the day off? that's one area i've never ridden.

The same meeting spot Josh? I can ride until about 10:30 or 11:00, so 8:00 works for me.

The terrain is just a bunch of decayed gravel and hardpack with loose marble on top. There were two spots I had trouble with on my D606's (the rear was worn out pretty well though). One was a steep hill climb that was freakin' slick! I came down it too fast (probably 15MPH) and just letting the clutch out caused the rear tire to break loose in 1st. 2nd was way too high, so I tried the brakes, but they were completely ineffective. They either locked or didn't scrub any speed off. I hit the rear brake and sort of slid sideways into a rut to stop. I had to just creep down it and pick out a careful line.

The other part was a rutted climb Josh had us going up. Perhaps Josh was actually trying to kill me, I'm really not sure, but that climb tested my skills. The ruts quickly became 2 feet tall or so and were slippery. My DRZ felt like a little piggy through there. It would be easy to snap a leg in half if you're not careful.

Hey Charlie, what type of terrain? Anything challenging for me on this route worth taking the day off? that's one area i've never ridden.

Some real nice, steep climbs and descents. Some loose rock here and there. Large ruts on some of the trails. A motocross track with some nice dirt berms and little jumps. Nice views and fun!

I've been waking up fairly late this past week or so, but I'm going to try and make it out there by 8. Where exactly is the meetup spot?

Not sure of the meet place just yet. The ARCO at the Deer Springs exit of the 15 is a good spot, but I'm not sure where exactly Josh wants to meet. Stay tuned!

Not sure where they're meeting at. Look to see if they PMed you. they havent posted yet. I'm out.

Not sure where they're meeting at. Look to see if they PMed you. they havent posted yet. I'm out.

Sorry you won't be there. Let's ride soon.

I'll be at the ARCO at 8 AM, Deer Springs Rd exit of the 15. Going to sleep soon, will check the thread in the morning for changes.

If I get up by 6 I will try to see you by 8. If not there by 8 not coming.

I've been waking up fairly late this past week or so, but I'm going to try and make it out there by 8. Where exactly is the meetup spot?

Sorry for not stating this earlier, been working 80 hr weeks as of late. Were gonna meet at the arco gas station at the intersection of Deer Springs RD & the 15hwy at 8am, ride local trails in that area