Afry

2 day Baja lobster run in June

Bummer Ian sorry to hear this, we have a rider coming down from Norcal for this as well a few from Midcal - counting the days.

Lurking big time! If my valve adjustment schedule with EM Interferes with the big bear run I'd be glad to join along on this international cuisine run.

Just a couple of thoughts as we get closer. You can make room reservations online very easily. We have a few riders from Meetup and Ca Adv Riders joining us also. I would pack light and leave the hard bags at home. Please bring tire repair tools and tubes just in case. If you have a two way radio we be using them. Frequency 146.505 unless someone has a FRS or GMRS radio then we will pick a compatible frequency. Looking forward to meeting new faces!

We are meeting at the Shell gas station at the corner of Hollister St and Coronado Ave just off Hwy 5 before the border at 10AM. When heading south exit Coronado Ave and the station is directly across from you as you intersect Coronado Ave....1102 Hollister St, San Diego, CA ‎

GPS (according to Google Maps is 32.576247, -117.084473

We should top off there before leaving @ 10:30

I have updated (cleaned up) the route on DS Maps so if youwant the latest now is a good time to download - the previous route is sameexcept I bypassed the toll booth in Rosarito to save us $2.50 (I'm cheap likethat...). If you don't download this version and get separated you will get there but have money for one less beer heh.gif

PM me your email address if you want the GPS file for this ride

I may ride the Duc down for lunch and a day ride. Is anyone else riding a street bike?

1371702705[/url]' post='154320']

I may ride the Duc down for lunch and a day ride. Is anyone else riding a street bike?

Well there is a DL1000 and a couple Super Enduros....a GSA and what not...so yes!

I'm in! I'm taking my 990 Adventure. I'm not sure if I'll be staying the night at Veronica so if anyone wants to make it a day trip, we can talk.

Can't wait for cold Pacificos and lobster!

I'm in! I'm taking my 990 Adventure. I'm not sure if I'll be staying the night at Veronica so if anyone wants to make it a day trip, we can talk.

Can't wait for cold Pacificos and lobster!

If I don't get held up with Eagle Mike on a valve adjustment I'm in. Could do the day trip also cause I dont have a room yet.

There may be a couple guys with rooms that are solo so you can figure it out when we meet at the Shell station.

Hey guys,

BenTravelin's got the other half of my room.

Can't wait to get on the road, two days left!

Also, got my insurance :)

Going on a Tiger 800xc. I'll have an air compressor for those non-BMW riders that want to air down.

Bryan

1371785356[/url]' post='154416']

Hey guys,

Also, got my insurance smile.gif

Going on a Tiger 800xc. I'll have an air compressor for those non-BMW riders that want to air down.

Bryan

Sweet! Looking like 9-10 riders which is perfect. Four or so Yankees from the north (anything above the checkpoints) and a bunch of rummies from around here.

Hey guys,

Also, got my insurance smile.gif

Bryan

Sweet! Looking like 9-10 riders which is perfect. Four or so Yankees from the north (anything above the checkpoints) and a bunch of rummies from around here.

Well havent heard back from Eagle Mike yet so I wont be adjusting my valves this weekend. Just talked to Joseph and will room with him. So I'm in. I'll see you all on Saturday. I'll be happy to borrow some air from that compressor so I can air down. Looking for a safe fun ride.

I'll be happy to borrow some air from that compressor so I can air down. Looking for a safe fun ride.

Real men ride rock hard...and avoid pinch flats...but seriously this is a pretty easy dirt ride - I'm on a worn out TKC on the rear. I have new rear rubber but will wait to switch after this ride.

Much easier to find the sweet spot for air pressure with a compressor rather than a hand pump. Maybe we can find some sand, if not it'll be a good shakedown run for the KlR.

My wife is thinking about driving down to Peurto. But I doubt she'll do it alone, but if any other spouses think they might want to drive down, let me know and maybe they can cruise chase.

Talk to Slagnado - she is riding the Duc down

1371866177[/url]' post='154472']

God help me, I'm in. Will have a 2meter HT with me also.

Sweet see ya in the AM