Goofy Footer

LED Rally Fairing

More cool setups:

This allows for a non-moving rally tower without drilling into the headstem. And it's on a new WR!

b7bd9d9fb4ea284e64cdac82913e7bb5.jpg

This was custom made for the forks of a XR650L rally bike

Zen_CNC_4s_zpsocfu085o.jpg

Zen_CNC_5s_zpst3p9uaom.jpg

Zen_CNC_9s_zpshesbl8wi.jpg

Some pics of Baja Designs Squadron Wide Cornering and Spot LED lights. We rode through BFE for about 40 miles and they served us well. Once night fully set, we stopped to adjust the lights better. It's one thing to adjust them in your neighborhood on the street with ambient light and it's another to have it focused for off-road usage under the stars.

bboyle9 preferred the Wide Cornering lens over the Spot pattern due to it's broad throw. This was his first ride in 6+ months and he was on a borrowed bike at that so he wasn't pushing his speeds. The Wide Cornering might be worth considering for trail riding, slower and more technical areas. I preferred the Spot for it's farther throw which is necessary for faster speeds.

Baja Designs sells this "combo" lens for the Squadron XL lights but not for the regular Squadrons. Since I have the Wide Cornering lens, I'm very tempted to attempt a little mod and sand down 2 of the diffused lens optics (finishing smooth with high grit sandpaper) to create my own combo lens for the Squadron.

660104.jpg

These pics were taken with an iPhone. It's difficult to appropriately capture the light's effect but these may help to show the beam pattern. Let's do some night riding!

Wide Cornering

post-14322-0-25955900-1449117223_thumb.j

Wide Cornering

post-14322-0-63914100-1449117226_thumb.j

Spot - I prefer the Spot pattern

post-14322-0-97068100-1449117224_thumb.j

Baja Designs sells this "combo" lens for the Squadron XL lights but not for the regular Squadrons. Since I have the Wide Cornering lens, I'm very tempted to attempt a little mod and sand down 2 of the diffused lens optics (finishing smooth with high grit sandpaper) to create my own combo lens for the Squadron.

660104.jpg

EDIT EDIT

Baja Designs NOW sells a Combo lens for the original Squadron lights! Finally! This should provide a better beam spread for those Squadron owners who enjoy trail riding and find the standard Squadron Spot Pattern too narrow or "hot" in the middle.

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail?ItemNumber=668403

$15 for the gel molded lens.

668403.jpg

Baja Designs sells this "combo" lens for the Squadron XL lights but not for the regular Squadrons. Since I have the Wide Cornering lens, I'm very tempted to attempt a little mod and sand down 2 of the diffused lens optics (finishing smooth with high grit sandpaper) to create my own combo lens for the Squadron.660104.jpg

EDIT EDIT

Baja Designs NOW sells a Combo lens for the original Squadron lights! Finally! This should provide a better beam spread for those Squadron owners who enjoy trail riding and find the standard Squadron Spot Pattern too narrow or "hot" in the middle.

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail?ItemNumber=668403

$15 for the gel molded lens.

668403.jpg

The husaberg i just got came with original squadron and had all 4 spot pattern and i did not like it at all i actually went on test drive yesterday with the combo lens you post and way better pattern. Does look a little funky though decent wide patern and you can easily see the spot beam in the middle. Way better than all spot though

Currently on CL is a Baja Designs - Baja 1000 Race Light from a few years back (Caselli era).

This is a pretty rare light but was mentioned earlier in this thread so why not post about it. BD currently uses a Squadron XL Racers Edition and Squadron X80 two LED light for the '1000 but this thing is pretty wicked.

$1000 (not mine)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mpo/5480681819.html

00404_912DF0AwQfb_600x450.jpg

The husaberg i just got came with original squadron and had all 4 spot pattern and i did not like it at all i actually went on test drive yesterday with the combo lens you post and way better pattern. Does look a little funky though decent wide patern and you can easily see the spot beam in the middle. Way better than all spot though

Right On! Post some pics of that 570 and the new Combo Lens!!

Heres a split picture with spot before and combo after

post-15045-0-76482700-1457810982_thumb.j

post-15045-0-37903800-1457811036_thumb.j

post-15045-0-68454700-1457811049_thumb.j