OHV Program Manager

Descanso Ranger District

Cleveland National Forest

3348 Alpine Blvd.

Alpine, CA 91901

(619) 445 6235 ext 3451

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a very persistent one"

Albert Einstein

At this point I am interested what they claim started the Pine Valley fire today.

Started around 1pmish south of 8 and east of Japutul....looks like it made it all the way over to Bear Valley Trail and Kiernan Trails....

bummer. <_<:D:D

I heard on the news today that the Pine Valley fire was started by an illegal camp fire. :-(

I heard on the news today that the Pine Valley fire was started by an illegal camp fire. :-(

Gosh :blink: I wonder who would start an ILLEGAL campfire :o

Last time it was a hunter who lite an ILLEGAL fire because he was lost and scared! Big dumb hunter with a gun got scared. What a puss!

Last time it was a hunter who lite an ILLEGAL fire because he was lost and scared! Big dumb hunter with a gun got scared. What a puss!

This time most likley some // cold when it has been 80 Fn degrees at night. Then just leave the fire burning. :o (

Does anyone know if any areas are closed right now? I'm planning on riding at Lark/McCain tomorrow and am hoping the fire didn't close it.

Thanks!

"Last time it was a hunter who lite an ILLEGAL fire because he was lost and scared! Big dumb hunter with a gun got scared. What a puss!"

Uh.... I think that was the big fire back in 2003 that you are thinking of. Last years fire that started in Horsethief canyon and burned most of Corral Canyon was started by an illegal campfire, but not by a hunter.

Right... I caught flak on another site by pointing out that the horse canyon fire was started by illegal immigrants. But that WAS the official report...

that is also the current thought on the pine valley fire.

Anyone else see the irony in blocking it off to off road vehicle traffic (and therefore law abiding citizens that would report illegal activity) a week before the fires were started?

Last time I was there with dug and marvin, they were checking bikes for spark arrestors. I've never heard of a green sticker bike starting a fire; anybody else?

Right... I caught flak on another site by pointing out that the horse canyon fire was started by illegal immigrants. But that WAS the official report...

that is also the current thought on the pine valley fire.

Anyone else see the irony in blocking it off to off road vehicle traffic (and therefore law abiding citizens that would report illegal activity) a week before the fires were started?

Last time I was there with dug and marvin, they were checking bikes for spark arrestors. I've never heard of a green sticker bike starting a fire; anybody else?

No I have never known any instances where a green sticker vehicle has been the cause of a fire. It is always camp or debri fires, some kind of farm vehicles, cigarettes or lightening, seem like. And yes, I was thinking about the irony of closing down an area to law abiding outdoorsmen (and women) so that only people who are not supposed to be there and don't have a clue or a care about what they are doing are the only ones out there.

Just got back from riding Lark/McCain. The fire looks to be totally out. Great day for riding too!!!

Oh, and the Ranger was going around the parking lot checking for Green Stickers. He got a gleam in his eye when I said I didn't have one . . . until I pointed out the license plate! :D