Sign in to follow this  
Metal Twister

Have you ever seen a desert turtle in our desert?

does anybody know a recipe that includes the milk vetch (i think that is the endangered plant responsible for the latest threat out in the dunes)

Show me an environmentalist that rides a bicycle to and from work, using only vegetable oil for lubrication, and wears hemp clothes, and I'll show you the ONE that is not a hypocrite...

Fact is; environMENTALists respect the environment different than we do; not better... I'm all for preserving nature, but to close off vast tracts of land using bad science pisses me off. Good thing the green sticker program is on our side...

:( I once saw a snipe, jackalope and bike sluts double breasted bikini bird ,and 1 liger but no turtles, oh yea, did I mention nitrous was in camp loose. :(

:angry: I don't know about all them "funny bidness" critters, but I was riding south of Questhaven road near Escondido back in the mid 80s on some secret trails out there. (Schwinn might have ridden them too?) I was on a rocky little trail in a canyon on my XR200R late in the day, when I came around a turn and there in front of me was a strange animal that was smaller than a coyote and bigger than a housecat. It had a reddish coat, black legs, a long black and white ringed tail and a masked face that was somewhat cat-like in appearance. We startled each other; the critter ran, occasionally glancing back at me as I pursued, trying to get a closer look. After about 100 feet of trail sprinting, the little weirdo disappeared into the heavy brush. I went home and got out my Critter book and found out that the little beast was a coatimundi, whos range starts in South America and ends in the extreme south part of the U.S., I'm guessing Escondido, to be exact :o I have seen bobcats and once, a mountain lion in the hills, but that one coatimundi was the most exotic species I have seen in the wilds around here

I've seen a badger and a mountain lion... the mountain lion (at Corral canyon) was a little unnerving, cuz I was with my 9 year old son. I know they have a pounce from the rear on the little ones philosophy...

It was awesome though.

i guarantee that I respect and protect nature as much as any environmentalist. Now if they'll just let us see it!

i guarantee that I respect and protect nature as much as any environmentalist. Now if they'll just let us see it!

Very well put! That would make a great signature line!

I have seen a bobcat in arrowhead after the big fires. I was by myself and he wasnt running away from the trail. I got off the bike and walked over to it, about fifteen feet away. I spit out a classic " Hey kitty kitty, pss pss!" Its eyes got twice as wide and he started needling the ground. At this moment I thought to myself, dumbass, put your helmet on!

I've run across desert tortoises a couple of times in and around Joshua Tree National Park. They are still out there!

does anybody know a recipe that includes the milk vetch (i think that is the endangered plant responsible for the latest threat out in the dunes)

Four or five years ago I went and spoke at four of the meetings for redoing the Desert Protection Act. NICO – MICO (don’t remember the acronyms). At the meeting in El Centro all the old farmers said they thought the milk vetch was Wacky Weed. Maybe that is why the environmentalists want to protect it. It gives them a cheap high.

There was not one environmentalist at any of these meetings. At the meeting in El Centro they had police and guard dogs present. My wife was the court reporter at these meetings. The police told her which door to run to if something happened. All of the landowners were really pissed of (most of them farmers). Nothing happened.

Observing these four meetings you could tell they were only held because it was the law. The BLM had already made up its mind. There was not one person at any of the meetings that was in favor of any of the proposals. Their big prize they were hanging out for the off-roaders was they would allow the Check Chase again. The BLM will probably put so many hurdles in front of it the Chase will never happen.

Good thing the green sticker program is on our side...

As far as our Green Sticker money, the committee that allocates it is make up of mostly pro environmentalists. They allocate allot of money for enforcement but little for trail maintenance.

Stop by your local BLM and check out the pamphlets on the desert tortoise and the big horn sheep. They’re written by environmentalists and paid for with Green Sticker money.

I've run across desert tortoises a couple of times in and around Joshua Tree National Park. They are still out there!

Don't tell the ravens!!